Site Outage - 1/11/14

Admin

I can't upload an image on either the Win7 or the Ubuntu machine.

Plus, the message composing icons are radically different (suddenly) on the Ubuntu machine, and the "insert image" icon is asking me for a URL.

I'll switch browsers and try to manually insert the "img" code.

I just updated the Editor. Are you trying to insert into a post, or add attachments? Add attachments should work.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Squirrel

Another try, this time bypassing the hardware firewall on my router. Still no-go with either method of sending attachments.

If I attempt it, loading does not take place, but if I then try to post the message, I get the "security" statement with that message forever after.

In other words, I'm stuck with sending text only. Is it possible that incoming attachments from my ISP are being blocked by the new system?

Guest Squirrel

OK, let me see if a URL can be sent.

I'll click on the ADD IMAGE icon, and fill out the URL requestor with a site address.

EDIT: OK, I tried that and it passed security, although nothing was done with the site address that i typed in.google.com

OK, let me see if a URL can be sent.

I'll click on the ADD IMAGE icon, and fill out the URL requestor with a site address.

EDIT: OK, I tried that and it passed security, although nothing was done with the site address that i typed in.google.com

I'll look into it. Thanks. Some things were inadvertently screwed up when trying to fix the server problem yesterday.

Guest Squirrel

Hey admin; I saw what you did there...nice turtle...

Sad to say, my simple jpgs can't be attached. I'm still getting the "Link" requestor with the "Insert Image" requestor, and going to attachments pretty much disables my ability to ever post even the text content of the post.

Unless poor little Squirrel is the only one blocked, this must be happening for other members as well. Router, no-router; Linux Machine or Win7, Mozilla or Chrome: makes no difference.

Maybe it's part of a cyber war attack. Or maybe the NSA is trying to protect the west coast from seeing Leora's amazing beauty. Beats me...