Random Ramblings

trickshot

What can I say, except that I really appreciate those amazing words from both Patrick Henry, and of course Zapata.

But there is also one other that when I first heard the complete version of this ran a chill right up my spine. It is from John Paul Jones.

Not a lot of people actually heard the complete account of this, so if don't mind I'd like to retell it here.

What happened was that John Paul Jones was caught napping,.. I mean literally was napping when his crew finally made him aware of their plight. But by then the British had already held the greater position as his ship then took a terrible pounding. So much so that the British captain then called out to him to surrender, saying, "If not for yourself sir, think of your men." And without flinching or taking a vote, John Paul yelled back,.. "My men are with me, and I have not yet begun to fight."

Imagine the kind of faith he had to have in his crew's loyalty to him. And with courage like that, no wonder they were so loyal to him.

I'm not trying to placate you, but I always liked the British people,.. Not the liberals though, I don't like liberals no matter where they reside. But I just thought that the Brits fought so bravely during World War Two, and not just the soldiers either, but the civilians as well. A lot of guts and class.

On behalf of all Brits I thank you!!!

We Brits are very good at wars! We are a nation of warriors who are generally polite and tolerant but when pushed too far are prepared to fight like dogs until victory is secured!!

Of course the US is now the key defender of the faith and western values. My worry has always been that the US invariably looks at every situation through their own vested eyes. This has led to the policy summed up as 'if you are an enemy of my enemy then you are my friend regardless of who you are and what you stand for'

The US supported Iraq against Iran and the Taliban against the Russians but it failed to support the UK against the Argentinians (it did help us behind the scenes).

The US has become universally hated because it is perceived as only really fighting for its narrow vested interest.

Overall the US has defended the western world against all comers and I take my hat off to them. I despair at your current president. He hurt the UK immensely when he said its most important ally was France. The UK people would have been less upset if he said the Germans!!!

Roosevelt once said that the greatest gift any nation had given another was Radar. We British took it to the US in a small box which when opened by the US scientists made their jaws drop in surprise. In return the US made the UK pay for all its war supplies!! Only the UK paid in money for the war (Russia paid the biggest price in lost people). We finally paid our war debt on 29th December 2006. We paid every cent!!

God bless America but god save America from wet liberals like Obama.

Guest Squirrel

The thing is we war mongering Brits then blew him and his crew out of the water!!!!! LOL!!!

And you did manage to build the very first global empire, as I recall.

Personally, I wish you had kept it going. Neither the Russians or Americans were ready for it, and we Yanks were happy as pie over on our little continent.

Obama also insulted the British people, in the way that he treated that gift (The bust of Sir Winston Churchill) when they were so kind as to send it to him.

But then the British are a very smart people, and it could just be that they knew he wouldn't like a conservative hero like Churchill,.. So maybe it was just a jab at this joker that now presides in our White House. LOL,.. Way to go!