K mates, what does roo taste like?

Guest Squirrel

Guest Squirrel

Obviously our RLC boys know nothing about barbecue, grilling, or smoking meat. Whatsoever. Bunch of pussies they are in this regard.

However, I saw this link: http://www.bbq-down-under.com/bbq-kangaroo-recipes.html and figured you Aussie friends could perfect the pristine cooking of this meat better than any Texas longhorn.

Have a go at it. How's it done, right and proper?

And post a picture of your favorite Abby Winters girl while you're at it!

It tastes like Roo. Just like Squirrel tastes like a rodent.  ;D

All kidding aside, prolly very tough and gamey, as it's a very lean non-domesticated meat. But if properly prepared, like Venison, it would surely be excellent. No clue. I never had the opportunity to indulge in it.

Tonight it was steak fajitas and 4 very potent margaritas. I think I'll go pass out. I'm typing on double keyboards.  :P

It tastes like Roo. Just like Squirrel tastes like a rodent.  ;D

All kidding aside, prolly very tough and gamey, as it's a very lean non-domesticated meat. But if properly prepared, like Venison, it would surely be excellent.

Quite correct, but it also depends on the cut, where it is taken from.

I've had it a couple of times and I prefer other types of meat, but would eat it without a problem if I was out camping, thrown on a BBQ with the right seasoning it is delicious.

Guest Squirrel

I'm generally not too experimental. The most unusual I've eaten is Western Diamondback, ostrich and alligator.

Never had a marsupial; all we have over here are possums. I'll leave them to the back-woods guys.

I may have had cat or dog at the sleazy Chinese restaurant around the corner, but they didn't list it as such.

I'll try about any meat that looks good. I've had snake, venison, buffalo, bison, alligator, turtle, snails, and any fish that I catch that is basically edible. It all is but some is not worth eating. I love shellfish except for oysters. And sushi is something that I gag on just looking at it.

Guest Squirrel

I'll try about any meat that looks good. I've had snake, venison, buffalo, bison, alligator, turtle, snails, and any fish that I catch that is basically edible. It all is but some is not worth eating. I love shellfish except for oysters. And sushi is something that I gag on just looking at it.

I'm not interested in snails, but otherwise, I think we'd do quite well with our cooked vertebrates and a stiff drink over at Old Dude's Grill 'n Tavern...

Overall, I much prefer a rare steak or prime rib to much of anything else. Unless it's a Chinese buffet. I love the peel and eat shrimp, the raw clams on the half-shell, the snow and king crab legs...

Oh shit. I'm getting hungry again.

Guest Squirrel

Overall, I much prefer a rare steak or prime rib to much of anything else. Unless it's a Chinese buffet. I love the peel and eat shrimp, the raw clams on the half-shell, the snow and king crab legs...

Oh shit. I'm getting hungry again.

Don't forget the lobster. Don't forget the lobster. Don't forget the lobster...

I have eaten two varieties of beaver; flat tail and split tail. Even though flat tail is pretty good, I prefer split tail every time. (If you don't understand "split tail", I'll edumicate you later.

P.S. I have also eaten: porcupine, venison, elk, moose, bison, bobcat, cougar, one small bite of coyote jerky (YUK!), caribou,  and rabbit.