any free software to record videos?

dmizzle26

ocam, from Ohsoft.net, is a good starter. It's a screen recorder that allows you to define areas (so you can keep out the RLC snitch number). It's not a stream downloader, so the quality is defined by the quality of your video board, but it's easy and it works fairly well. It also captures stills quickly and efficiently.

RTMDumper is for pros: last I heard it was having problems with new stream encoding, but that might be fixed by now. Many posters here used this one, and it's generally considered the best stream recorder with the highest quality, but I've never succeeded in getting the damn thing to boot. Have a blast, and hope to see your conquests soon.

Both are Windows compatible. You should get other responses soon from the video posters...

appreciate that ill check both out, and ill keep checking back here to see if there is any more suggestions. I been subscribed to RLC for almost 2 yrs but i dont sit and watch cams all day. So i miss alot of stuff and always enjoyed coming here to catch what i missed. But that was the old days i noticed alot of the good posters that did post vids and pics dont post much anymore and the ones that do use that UL bs so i thought ill try to help out

... but i dont sit and watch cams all day. So i miss alot of stuff and always enjoyed coming here to catch what i missed. But that was the old days i noticed alot of the good posters that did post vids and pics dont post much anymore and the ones that do use that UL bs so i thought ill try to help out

Ocam is good if you're sitting there to babysit it. It doesn't monitor multiple screens. RTMD supposedly was better at all of this; JoJo's advice is OK if you Torrent and can do that.

As far as the old good posters are concerned, they all went to Old Dudes and died of old age. Except our beloved and respected JoJo.

Agreed on UL.

If you don't mind pirated software, Replay Video Capture is a good program.  You can get it from Pirate Bay if you do torrents.  It works very well.

Providing you get the right one for download.

I have downloaded from torrents and sometimes have to download 5 different ones before you get one that actually works.

If you don't mind pirated software, Replay Video Capture is a good program.  You can get it from Pirate Bay if you do torrents.  It works very well.

Providing you get the right one for download.

I have downloaded from torrents and sometimes have to download 5 different ones before you get one that actually works.

Yeah...any time you download from torrents, you have to be careful.  What I like about Pirate Bay is that there is a big community using it and they make comments, so you can tell that way if something is flaky or not.

This is the version I downloaded and use:  http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7461043/  There is a newer version of the program on Pirate Bay, but the one I got works well so I don't see a need to get the newer one.

btw, I use Win8 and have had no problem with the program.  Win7 or XP should work just as well.

RTMDumper is for pros: last I heard it was having problems with new stream encoding, but that might be fixed by now.

RTMPDump works well in the Command Prompt, but after the changes I did not get it to work with RTMPDumpHelper.