Two local women sued officials in Greece, New York, objecting to invocations at

Nick

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ww_watcher

You were clear but you were gnashing your teeth and I think I caught a bit of spit. I thought I'd give you a redirect about how they still sometimes pay for themselves.

Some of the people that I have known in my life who were the best of people, and who influenced me in profound ways were certain women that I have known.

And I did not take offense by what you have posted before.  I only felt as though my distain for the hard core feminist was taken to be an all out hatred or attack upon all women in general.  It's probably my fault, as I've had very little experience writing for fourth graders, so I probably didn't word this post or the difference between those two groups as well as I could have.  But as I've said, there are those of others who both personally, as well as with those to whom I have never met, but that I had always held a deep and lasting respect for. 

And no, I wasn't seething or gnashing my teeth.  LOL  And the only time I find an urge to spit is when I hear Obama's name being mentioned on the news. 

I just think you probably thought I was being mean to all women, which was not my intention at all.   

By the way,.. Your video left out someone by the name of Boutica.  She was a tribal leader who at first helped Rome and even persuaded those of her tribe to trust Rome.  She was later betrayed, and her two young daughters were both raped and killed by Roman soldiers.  She later in her sorrow and rage, led an attack upon Rome and had a series of spectacular victories, even against some of Rome's greatest generals.  She almost succeeded in conquering Rome.  And when I first heard that story, it ran chills down my spine, out of the admiration and respect that I held for her.

I follow my heart, and my heart has always been true to me.  Maybe I said more than I needed to.  But as I've once said to someone a long time ago.  "You are born alone, and you will die alone.  And everyone that you meet in-between remains a stranger to you.  And even those that should know you the best, namely that of your own family, know you the least.  And in the end, only God knows you for what you truly are and for what you were always meant to be."

ww_watcher & woodworker: According to the notes left to me by Squirrel (may he rest in peace), he thought very highly of you both, as well as to your thoughtful contributions to discussions at CamCaps.

I find the way you discuss issues, and your kindness, to be very refreshing for this forum. Keep up the fine work. I know that Squirrel would have wanted it this way.