Leora - Home Activities #75

pulo filipe

1 minute ago, Slipper Guyquad said:

A Poppy, a paper flower sold at this time of year to remember and commemorate the fallen soldiers.

Yes but ... why pin it on the Koala? I mean, he has never been in a war that I know of 😆

• Haha 2

I was given a poppy once a year by my father. It was a reminder that two generations of my family have left body parts on two different continents. To me, it served as a reminder not to enlist in any attempt by humans to kill other humans for reasons that no one seems to be able to articulate, yet, all seem to think it appropriate to celebrate. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, pulo filipe said:

Leora in Malias Zimmer 

Bügeln von Kleidung mit Bügeleisen 

Es ist schön zu lesen dass für einige Mitglieder im Forum, mich inbegriffen dieses Zimmer immer noch  " Malias Zimmer " ist und hoffentlich noch lange bleiben wird. Das hat Malia auch verdient, auch wenn sie nie so ein strahlender Stern wie Leora sein konnte. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, blue is the colour said:

It is not to celebrate but to remember...

My family member did not remember exactly where he left his leg in the Philippines, nor did the other family member recall exactly where he left his right eye in Germany. I never got to talk to the one's in the earlier wars to see exactly what it was that they wanted to remember.

7 minutes ago, Gerald Knauft said:

It is nice to read that for some members of the forum, including me, this room is still "Malia's room" and will hopefully stay that way for a long time to come. Malia deserves that too, even if she could never be such a shining star as Leora. 

I will always refer to it as Malia's room, because it was her room. I am certainly not prepared to write the Little Star out of history, even if Leora is.

• Thanks 1