Leora - Home Activities #75

pulo filipe

2 hours ago, blue is the colour said:

It is a poppy we here in UK do it every year to remember the dead in all wars from 1914.. 11th hour, 11th day, 11th month and successive conflicts the money collected goes to the Royal British Legion to help our armed service personnel when they leave the forces.

The poppies which are modelled on those that grew in Flanders ( Belgium ) fields in WWI to remember the fallen from the British and Empire troops killed during that conflict and all conflicts since.

As you so rightly state the money is distributed to Veterans charities, and the poppies are assembled individually by hand usually by disabled veterans.

In Flanders Fields

In Flanders Fields the poppies grow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place. While in the Sky
The larks still bravely singing, fly
Unheard, amid the guns below.
We are the dead, Short days ago
We lived, felt dawns, saw sunsets glow;
Loved and were loved – but now we lie
        In Flanders Field

Take up our quarrel with the foe!
To you from falling hands we throw
The torch, Be yours to bear it high!
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep tho’ poppies blow
       In Flanders Field.

The Answer –

In Flanders Field the cannon boom
And fitful flashes light the gloom;
While up above, like Eagles, fly
The fierce destroyers of the sky;
With stains the earth wherein you lie
Is redder than the poppy bloom
       In Flanders Field.

Sleep on ye brave! The shrieking shell,
The quaking trench, the startling yell,
The fury of the battle hell
Shall wake you not; for all is well.

Sleep peacefully, for all is well.
Your flaming torch aloft we bear,
With burning heart an oath we swear
To keep the faith to fight it through
To crush the foe, or sleep with you
       In Flanders Field 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, scutus said:

That does not seem to agree with what someone made in a somewhat cynical post, that was printed in red ink.. Not too long ago. Just responding to what I have read in posts in various Leora's Activities Threads. 

It seems to me that one is either pro, or con. It makes it questionable as to the credence of a post. If the ideology of the post vacillates from one post to the next.  Just my opinion !!

We don't agree on many things and we definitely don't like or respect each other, but! I have never thought of you as a stupid person, far from it in fact.

So why would you try and stir the pot by questioning the intention of a post made by SG?

It would be clear to anyone who has been following this apartment for a while and possessed half a brain that SG's post on October 16 was sarcasm, and only a fool or someone like yourself with an agenda would take it literally and try to score points from it.

Noticing the two people who have automatically given you credit for your stupidity only reinforces my argument that the three of you work in unison like pack dogs to wear a person down before finally moving in for the kill if you don't agree with their opinions.

You have between yourself been responsible for many good people leaving the forum as a result of your bullying tactics.

SG was an easy target for you Slug wasn't he, you were more than aware of his personal problems, yet you try to score points with an unwarranted accusation at his expense.

You are very fond of correcting people who YOU think transgress on this forum, like the self appointed moderator you think yourself to be...Please make sure in future you and your cronies read and digest the article in the context it was written before you all make fools of yourselves again. 

Shame on you !!  🖕

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2