RLC is getting serious about violating their terms & conditions

OK kids. As American's say, the jig's up.

Apparently, the rules have changed.

RLC does not want anybody re-posting their content. This is understandable, to a limited extent. They are enforcing DCMA rules. (See http://www.dmca.com/ for details.)

I noticed this change with my Linux machine -- that OS didn't come with the libraries necessary to display certain DCMA encoded content -- so I couldn't even see live-stream RLC anymore on the FireFox browser. I had already known that certain posters here and on other sites had been banned, but this DCMA was a whole new enforcement routine. Now even the UL people are complaining, and getting banned.

This is entirely within RLC's rights, for several different legalistic reasons, all of which are applicable to different jurisdictions. For example: Spain does not allow the replication of any content of a public performance without expressed permission. The United States is a bit more classically liberal (in the context of the original Founders -- not the current administration) because it allows a "fair-use clause," a concept that allows discussion of events by common people and snippets of activity to be shown as evidence to support the discussion. Roman Law, English Common Law, and Tribal Law are all quite different, but this problem affects everyone subscribing to RLC in the same way.

It's against the Terms And Conditions of RLC, when you sign up, to re-broadcast their contact without their permission. By doing so you are violating a written contract. In English Common Law countries, that is not a criminal offense: it's simply civil -- they can sue you in a civil court or more likely quite providing the service to you. It's different under Roman Law (it can be a criminal offense) or Tribal or Sharia Law (they cut off your head or your penis.)

Of course, by taking this action -- of which I agree RLC has every right to do -- they are possibly losing a loyal part of their viewing audience, and losing a terrific amount of free advertising.

But they certainly have a right to run their business as they please.

The question is: "What will become of CamCaps when DCMA and RLC come after them?"

Personally, I'd expect CC to take a big hit from Newbies who just like to jack off. Most of us Old Dude's admire some of the girls physiques: it reminds of us old times back when "free love" was starting. We love to look at beautiful young girls, even if we're old enough to be their fathers. But there's nothing that can prevent us from describing what they do on RLC, or what the couples are experiencing in their lives, and most significantly, most of us hang out here because we're more interested in what other CC members think, do, say -- they music they like, the liquor or pleasures we have experienced, etc.

Of course, we're gamers here. I'm not too old to take up the challenge of either cribbage, chess, billiards, or Clue.

CC will survive if RLC decides to eliminate social media like CC from their roster.

And besides, there's always Tor for them to deal with.

Sorry for the long "rant." It's just the way things seem to be "progressing."

(If you can translate this properly to any of the other languages used on CamCaps, please do so. My use of English will not translate well with on-line translation services, and this is an important subject for all CC members. Shit's comin' down, bro'...)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish you would have but in into lawyer speek.  If I understand you If we do not sign up we can post feeds from the free cams?

And the woman will still visit us in the old dudes section because the doors will still be open for business? 

I wish you would have but in into lawyer speek.  If I understand you If we do not sign up we can post feeds from the free cams?

And the woman will still visit us in the old dudes section because the doors will still be open for business?

Yes, we will post what we want, even if we must do it on TOR. TOR, however, should be used for taking down evil governments, not publicly accessible businesses.

As for the women, we're just plain more fun that RLC anyway, and girls (especially Russian and Spanish ladies) just wanna have fun. (Maybe our video genius members could photoshop our lovely RLC girls into this video!)

So how are they connecting the dots between the posters here and their subscribers (assuming that the posters obfuscated their RLC ID from the vid/pic)?

Easy, and in a myriad ways. See that little alpha numeric code at the bottom the screen? That's simply primitive. It's not even a watermark. All that's necessary is to tweak pixels. I can't say they've gone that far, but good luck finding the coded information if they have. And that's not all: everything can be tracked. The problem with the internet is, well, there's too much to track. But worry not: the NSA is fixing that...

Guest BJon

So how are they connecting the dots between the posters here and their subscribers (assuming that the posters obfuscated their RLC ID from the vid/pic)?

Easy, and in a myriad ways. See that little alpha numeric code at the bottom the screen? That's simply primitive. It's not even a watermark. All that's necessary is to tweak pixels. I can't say they've gone that far, but good luck finding the coded information if they have. And that's not all: everything can be tracked. The problem with the internet is, well, there's too much to track. But worry not: the NSA is fixing that...

They could start locking all free cams except 1 or they could just stream certain videos over and over never seeing any thing live.

There is no way to track a screen shot or recorded video unless it has the "member code" in it. It's no different than taking a picture of an art piece at a museum, or a recording of a movie at a movie theater. Just be careful.

I hope you're correct, "itsme."

It's really easy to get paranoid now days. Really easy.

Here's a fun starter site for those interested in the subject of cyphers. I don't think it includes a section on my favorite, Kriegsmarine Enigma, but it's very interesting how cryptography works these days...

http://www.secretcodebreaker.com/codes.html

The site's information, like all things technological, is somewhat obsolete, of course. But not the concepts...hide it either in the open, or hide it where it's least expected, or make it look like unimportant trash.

Granted I don't know a whole lot about Cyphers, but what I do know is that the code that they put in the video isn't actually in the video, you can see it in the source code. In other words it's not like they are rendering a secret code for each video stream, they are using HTML, PHP, or Java to implant a watermark over the stream. What that means is that they can't decipher some secret message by using a screen shot or video, as they aren't actually doing anything to the video, they are just putting up a watermark. It would be like writing your name on a piece of transparent paper, holding it over a live broadcast show, and then filming it. Yes, your name would show up, but only on that particular recording that you filmed.

Guest asutaru

j think camcaps is dead now,nobody want post photos or videos now here because don't want get banned from rlc.

now j come here just for talk with others members but for find videos and photos here,it's finish.