Massage ending with cellphone snatch

Guest pmdolly

What the hell do you do? Watch paint dry or grass grow?  ;D

I'm in a very similar role to the person above, and I do IT work. I basically sit in an office on a computer all day and wait for something to 'break' or someone to require assistance. Because of where I work, this can range from showing someone how to copy & paste to fixing email servers.

Some days I'm barely in my office, other days I have literally nothing to do for 8 hours and yes it is as boring and mind numbing as it sounds.

I stumbled across RLC a couple of months ago from a post on Reddit, and it has made my days go by much quicker... Just like this person.

My experience of ringing the IT dept was to be asked 'Have you tried turning your computer off and back on?'

Get some work done LOL!!!

To be fair, that fixes more problems than you can imagine! Typically I restart the computer via command prompt. They like to see the text scrolling across their screen before the computer magically shuts down. ;)

True it did solve a lot of problems! My stupid company still uses Windows 95!!!

I used to ring IT asking to speak to a certain person who would shout to whoever answered the phone - 'tell him to Email me!'. I would shout back 'I can't because my fucking computer is broken!!!!'

I used to ring IT asking to speak to a certain person who would shout to whoever answered the phone - 'tell him to Email me!'. I would shout back 'I can't because my fucking computer is broken!!!!'

LOL! I always prefer email as well, mostly because it goes to my mobile so that I can read it if I am out in the office rather than having to get back to my office, listen to your voicemail, then walk all the way back down to where I started.

Guest pmdolly

Yeah, a lot of admin, stuff with a database.  Wooooo.  I'm RLC + Tumblr myself.  Then I go home and shun the interwebs for the rest of the night in favor of bad tv. 

I do work, I can multitask.  Watching people play Playstation doesn't require all cylinders firing for me.

So much for the massage & phone--

It appears this thread has evolved into another life-form. I suggest we rename it "Confessions of a Software Janitor."  ;D

(Much more interesting than I&M's apartment. And no doubt you have better stories...)