Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and its Political Ramifications #7

"Among all the vaccines I have known in my life (Polio, Smallpox, diphtheria, tetanus, measles, rubella, chickenpox, hepatitis, meningitis and tuberculosis), I want to also add flu and pneumonia. I have never seen a vaccine that forced me to wear a mask and maintain my social distance, even when you are fully vaccinated. I had never heard of a vaccine that spreads the virus even after vaccination. I had never heard of rewards, discounts, incentives to get vaccinated. I never saw discrimination for those who didn't. If you haven't been vaccinated no one has tried to make you feel like a bad person. I have never seen a vaccine that threatens the relationship between family, colleagues and friends. I have never seen a vaccine used to threaten livelihoods, work or school. I have never seen a vaccine that would allow a 12-year-old to override parental consent. After all the vaccines I listed above, I have never seen a vaccine like this one, which discriminates, divides and judges society as it is. And as the social fabric tightens… It's a powerful vaccine! If we still need a booster dose after we are fully vaccinated, and we still need to get a negative test after we are fully vaccinated, and we still need to wear a mask after we are fully vaccinated, and still be hospitalized after we have been fully vaccinated, it will likely come to “It's time for us to admit that we've been completely deceived."

• Like 1

Hi, Spy, you left one out. You've also never seen a pandemic in this country that's killed close to a million people, since 1918. That alone explains away most of what you said.

22 hours ago, SPYING 1 said:

...never heard of a vaccine that spreads the virus even after vaccination.

The vaccine doesn't spread the virus. The virus spreads the virus.

The vaccines have never been claimed to have 100% efficacy. But, it has been shown that the vaccines work. And they work a hell of a lot better than being unvaccinated. It's also been shown that as much as 99% of those dying from this virus are unvaccinated. Why would anyone actually choose to likely die just to prove a point...just to say, "I can do what I please, you're not the boss of me."

And most of the unvaccinated are white Republicans, by a wide margin, the last time I checked. It's been a while, but the percentage was like 56% Republican vs 18% Democrat.

If you haven't been vaccinated no one has tried to make you feel like a bad person.

It's been shown that your feelings are your choice, i.e. no one can make you feel anything. If you think someone is trying to anger you, for example, you can literally decide to feel something else. Everyone is totally responsible for how they feel. 

Having said that, I would say that the unvaccinated are looked upon as part of the problem, which is true, rather than part of the solution. The problem is the virus. The goal is to eradicate or eliminate, or at least get the virus under better control. And the more vaccinated people there are, the better chance we have of achieving that goal. 

I'm sure you've heard the saying, "Better safe than sorry." If wearing a mask adds a little more 'safe' to your safety net, well, better safe than dead. You mentioned relationships. Don't you care about spreading the virus to those you love if you're not wearing a mask?

Is this a perfect world? Is anything perfect? You know the answer as well as I do. Vaccines don't always work 100%. Not even for the flu or some of the other diseases you mentioned. (Note: The vaccines for some of those diseases you mentioned are mandated before a child can start school.) But think about this: It's very possible that the Coronavirus vaccines aren't perfect because the psychopath steamrolled big pharma into creating them before the 2020 election to make him look good, as if that were possible.

I have never seen a vaccine that threatens the relationship...

Spy, you know as well as I do that vaccines, nor anything else, for that matter, don't threaten relationships. Relationships are threatened by people and how they think, what they say and how they behave. 

I don't know anything about that 12-year-old you mentioned, but if he/she felt safer being vaccinated, then I say more power to him and good for him. Hell, for all we know, his parents could have been some of those MAGA conspiracy theory idiots you read about and if he listened to them, he might well be dead right now. 

A little history.

The influenza pandemic of 1918 and 1919 was the most deadly flu outbreak in history, killing up to 50 million people worldwide. In the United States, where it ultimately killed around 675,000 people (That's a lot less than the current pandemic.), local governments rolled out initiatives to try to stop its spread. These varied by region, and included closing schools and places of public amusement, enforcing “no-spitting” ordinances, encouraging people to use handkerchiefs or disposable tissues and requiring people to wear masks in public (my emphasis).

image.thumb.png.e5de7a50e7f4655b8e965379ee531101.png

Many of the methods Americans used in 1918 to try to prevent the spread of the flu are similar to what people began doing during the COVID-19 pandemic: Close schools. Wear masks. Don’t cough or sneeze in someone’s face. Avoid large events and hold them outside when possible. And no spitting.

image.thumb.png.34f147609a192df8bdb5800be3b7386f.png

Seattle police officers walking on the street with masks covering their faces.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, letsdothis said:

Hi, Spy, you left one out. You've also never seen a pandemic in this country that's killed close to a million people, since 1918. That alone explains away most of what you said.

The vaccine doesn't spread the virus. The virus spreads the virus.

The vaccines have never been claimed to have 100% efficacy. But, it has been shown that the vaccines work. And they work a hell of a lot better than being unvaccinated. It's also been shown that as much as 99% of those dying from this virus are unvaccinated. Why would anyone actually choose to likely die just to prove a point...just to say, "I can do what I please, you're not the boss of me."

And most of the unvaccinated are white Republicans, by a wide margin, the last time I checked. It's been a while, but the percentage was like 56% Republican vs 18% Democrat.

It's been shown that your feelings are your choice, i.e. no one can make you feel anything. If you think someone is trying to anger you, for example, you can literally decide to feel something else. Everyone is totally responsible for how they feel. 

Having said that, I would say that the unvaccinated are looked upon as part of the problem, which is true, rather than part of the solution. The problem is the virus. The goal is to eradicate or eliminate, or at least get the virus under better control. And the more vaccinated people there are, the better chance we have of achieving that goal. 

I'm sure you've heard the saying, "Better safe than sorry." If wearing a mask adds a little more 'safe' to your safety net, well, better safe than dead. You mentioned relationships. Don't you care about spreading the virus to those you love if you're not wearing a mask?

Is this a perfect world? Is anything perfect? You know the answer as well as I do. Vaccines don't always work 100%. Not even for the flu or some of the other diseases you mentioned. (Note: The vaccines for some of those diseases you mentioned are mandated before a child can start school.) But think about this: It's very possible that the Coronavirus vaccines aren't perfect because the psychopath steamrolled big pharma into creating them before the 2020 election to make him look good, as if that were possible.

Spy, you know as well as I do that vaccines, nor anything else, for that matter, don't threaten relationships. Relationships are threatened by people and how they think, what they say and how they behave. 

I don't know anything about that 12-year-old you mentioned, but if he/she felt safer being vaccinated, then I say more power to him and good for him. Hell, for all we know, his parents could have been some of those MAGA conspiracy theory idiots you read about and if he listened to them, he might well be dead right now. 

A little history.

The influenza pandemic of 1918 and 1919 was the most deadly flu outbreak in history, killing up to 50 million people worldwide. In the United States, where it ultimately killed around 675,000 people (That's a lot less than the current pandemic.), local governments rolled out initiatives to try to stop its spread. These varied by region, and included closing schools and places of public amusement, enforcing “no-spitting” ordinances, encouraging people to use handkerchiefs or disposable tissues and requiring people to wear masks in public (my emphasis).

image.thumb.png.e5de7a50e7f4655b8e965379ee531101.png

Many of the methods Americans used in 1918 to try to prevent the spread of the flu are similar to what people began doing during the COVID-19 pandemic: Close schools. Wear masks. Don’t cough or sneeze in someone’s face. Avoid large events and hold them outside when possible. And no spitting.

image.thumb.png.34f147609a192df8bdb5800be3b7386f.png

Seattle police officers walking on the street with masks covering their faces.

Obviously we disagree, this so called vaccine doesn't prevent the vaccinated from catching, spreading or dying from covid-19 so I rather not get vaccinated & risk the side affects 

• Like 1