Reallifecamfam Site is Finished

StnCld316

Guest rlcfadmn

I do have a question for out guest Admin.

Was there a use of multiple languages on your former board and if so, how was it dealt with by the members?

I was thinking about creating a separate boards for international talk but usually people used Google Translate if they couldn't speak English. I remember once or twice other members helped out posters with translation, I think it was from Dutch and French. I was monitoring it so I would remove it or lock it if it got out of hands but the common language was English and there were not enough people who wouldn't understand it to bother with a separate boards. The solution for CC could be to create a subforum called "international boards" and under details translate the title into other common languages - German, French, Italian, Turkish, Spanish etc. so people would see it's meant for them. When/if a non-English thread comes up in a common English section, just move it to the international boards and let the guys who understand it have their own talk. If somebody is so ignorant he refuses to use Google translate at least, I don't see them being on a productive level high enough to bring something meaningful to the debate with others in English section.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rlcfadmn

Another thing is karma. I don't know how it is used here but I see most of the people have negative numbers. Even Admin has more - than +. That just negates the whole meaning of karma. We used it to award a member for a good deed, post or shared content. With other words assholes had negative karma and good members had positive one. I don't really care about it but some people are pretty sensitive so perhaps removing it or resetting it could be an option.

Another thing is karma. I don't know how it is used here but I see most of the people have negative numbers. Even Admin has more - than +. That just negates the whole meaning of karma. We used it to award a member for a good deed, post or shared content. With other words assholes had negative karma and good members had positive one. I don't really care about it but some people are pretty sensitive so perhaps removing it or resetting it could be an option.

Early on, "Karma" was hi-jacked. It was easily accessible to trolls, who abused it. One of our revered senior members decided it had become a joke, which was -- of course-- true, and now we take pride in our negative Karma as a result of the posts that followed. Newbies don't really know why we do this, but it's fun, and fitting given the history and friendships involved.

Quote from the outside of the box. A great many of us look at this and say: Bingo!

"As far as I can tell there is a huge war going on here with members using ul.to host in order to profit from revenue (downloads, premium accounts). It did happen at RLCF but in a spirit of sharing I have allowed such hosts only as alternatives. If somebody wanted to use it, they would first need to use a user-friendly host such as firedrive, mediafire, dropbox, google docs etc. and add ul.to only as a mirror. Preview of the content was also mandatory in a form of screenshot. Nobody wants to wait 2 hours to download useless video from ul.to only to find out they must wait another day to be able to download another video."

Personally, both you Admins are thoughtful and generous, and I certainly admire your work. And, keeping with my arcane but humble user style, I leave you with a simple link that should be considered in your period of adversity:

Welcome rlcfadmn glad to have you aboard sorry about your site being shut down.

I was a member but never posted just lurked around kinda of like I did here for a while at first.

Hope you will hang around and join in the fun lord know we need some new blood besides tbg150 and that damn squirrel foamy. Just kidding.

Look forward to reading your comments and any of your previous memebers are welcome here too as long as they play nice other wise we will have to send Squirrel to chew up their radiator hoses.

As for me I am just a loveable Skunk looking for amour hopefully form Leora.

Yep, I'll toss out a formal Welcome to CC to you also.

To a noob, this site and our mannerisms maybe confusing in a way. One of the problems is that for such a young board, there are many posts to sift through to try and make any sense of it all. I've just grown to ignore the apartment boards like I have RLC itself over the past 10 months or so. The language barrier  was too much to bother with.

Our resident Rodent pretty much nailed the Karma thing right on the head. I activated it on my board and was laughed right off of the board. But then 80% of us there have all met in person and have been friends for many years. Cars is the thing that links us. Although there are a few girls there I wouldn't mind tapping. Getting off topic now.

Anyway, Welcome Aboard. Maybe there might be a chance of the two admins teaming up and creating a super board. Stranger things have happened.

that doesn't mean that  I don't post under a different name from time to time  ;).

Imagine that. Someone posts in a persona other than themselves? Whodathunk it.  ;D

The plot thickens....just who is Admin.....and, come to think of it, who are we?????

I assure you, I AM who I pretend to be!

that doesn't mean that  I don't post under a different name from time to time  ;).

Imagine that. Someone posts in a persona other than themselves? Whodathunk it.  ;D

The plot thickens....just who is Admin.....and, come to think of it, who are we?????

I assure you, I AM who I pretend to be!

And I am who you least expect.......

I haven't see such an nested series or onion peelings since I read Chapter 14 in the "Book of Lies" by Aleister Crowley. Well done, old chap!