Soccer, er--ah-- I mean Futbol!

This is now the official CamCaps FIFA thread. Please remember, you Old Dudes, that the chances of you suffering from a heart attack while watching your favorite soccer (aka futbol) team ARE TRIPLED.

Personally, I would suggest you just settle for 1950's B-rate sci-fi movies if you have heart problems. Or maybe a massage from nurse Leora...she's about as close to heaven as any of us will ever get...

I cannot tell you Brits how much we would love for this man to be playing professional football (aka soccer) for Manchester United. Permanently. (I really need one of these to go with my "Club Gitmo" coffee cup set!)

https://en-maktoob.news.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/company-confuses-barack-obama-with-chris-smalling-on-england-team-mug-set--photo-143719664.html

DILLIGAF?

???

Dilligaf? Is that a soccer term? I mean, here's a game where you win if you tie, and you can actually tie. And you can actually play it all day and not score anything. I liked to watch it when my sons were little boys; they ran their little asses off and had a good time. But then, one day our team had to play against a white trash team, with their cigar smoking mothers cussing and screaming. I though these assholes were going to tear our heads off. Maybe soccer is a not a -contact sport; but being a "futbol" spectator certainly is.

Gimme baseball, basketball, or cribbage. I know the rules, and there's never a tie game. Somebody wins; somebody loses. It's still going to take a while for Americans to accept soccer; but I'm still happy that FIFA pleases so many people around the world.

Just don't kill each other over it.