Their Music

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love good music but I have absolutely no ability to play anything.  I get so jealous, sometimes, of people like you who can.

I don't want to sound like I'm some kind of pianist. Right now I'm forced to learn the piano as part of my curriculum for my music major in school. I'm trying to be a composer. Last semester we had to find a song and play it in front the class and this was the one I picked, but I didn't play it perfectly. I will say this though since I used to play guitar in my 20's and now I'm playing piano in my 30's, learning an instrument isn't nearly as difficult as you would think. It only takes a ton of practice... and I mean a TON of practice.

I have never understood the concept of people from other countries  who speak different languages other than American, but yet sing in English. s it because American songs are so popular worldwide...?

C'est parce que tu te fais des idées fausses. Nous autres français par exemple chantons certaines de vos chansons en anglais, langage adapté au rock, blues, folk ou country mais lorsqu'il s'agit d'une chanson à textes, nous chantons notre répertoire de chansons françaises au vocabulaire beaucoup plus riche que l'anglais. Il y a le phénomène de mode également et puis l'inconnue car la majorité des étrangers ne comprennent pas les paroles de vos chansons sans quoi ils seraient souvent déçus.

Concernant la popularité d'une chanson à travers le monde, ce n'est pas sa qualité qui prime mais le pouvoir financier de ses distributeurs pour faire toujours plus de fric. Le net est aujourd'hui un vecteur très important qui permet la diffusion des tubes à grande échelle, quelle qu'en soit la qualité considérant que la population dans son immense majorité est assez inculte dans le domaine musical. "Gangnam style" est l'exemple le plus parfait de tout ce que je viens d'écrire.

Concernant Diana & Efim, il faut penser que l'Amérique a une image de modernisme et de liberté inconnues en Russie il n'y a encore pas très longtemps. Aussi, chanter des chansons anglaises ou américaines montre que l'on est moderne et progressiste. C'est une forme de rébellion contre le pouvoir en place.

--

This is because you make misconceptions. Us other french e.g. sing some of your songs in English, the language suitable for rock, blues, folk or country but when it comes to a text's song, we sing our french repertoire of songs with richer vocabulary than the English one.

There is a fashion phenomenon too and then the unknown because the majority of foreigners do not understand the lyrics of your songs, otherwise they are often disappointed.  :)

On the popularity of a song around the world, this is not its quality which takes preference but the financial power of its distributors to earn much money again. The net is today a very important vector that allows the dissemination of hits on a large scale too, regardless of the quality whereas the population in its vast majority is fairly uneducated in the musical field. "Gangnam style" is the most perfect example of everything I just wrote.

About Diana & Efim, we must think that America has an image of modernism and freedom unknown in Russia still some years  ago. So, sing english or American songs shows that one is modern and progressive. It is a form of rebellion against the established power.

tu as parfaitement raison, sauf pour le modernisme inconnu en russie!!! nous sommes tellement écrasés sous la culture américaine, que nous sommes inconscient des valeurs contemporaines de "l'autre monde"!!! la russie n'a absolument rien a attendre et à apprendre de nous. nous sommes occidentaux "aveugle" car formatés à starsky et hutch depuis notre naissance!!! il y a tout un autre monde à découvrir....exemple:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...