Their Music

On ‎2014‎-‎10‎-‎30 at 4:18 PM, JoJoGunne said:

Today 2014/10/30 - 22:10

Thanks for the video.  I usually don't download that ul.to stuff, but I made an exception for this one.

He plays that bass like my son used to play his clarinet when he was 10 years old.  It's obvious that he is still learning.

She plays the keyboard like my son used to play his clarinet when he was 12 years old.  She is more advanced than Efim is, but she has a ways to go before I'd say she knows how to play her instrument.

But I love the fact that they are playing...and that they are playing together.  Cudo's to them.

Je partage cette opinion mais il est étonnant de comparer la musique d'aujourd'hui avec celle de la soirée organisée il y a plusieurs mois chez eux, lorsque Diana chantait accompagnée par Efim. L'impression de l'époque, relative à leur talent de musicien avait été meilleure que celle d'aujourd'hui.

Cependant, je trouve, à titre personnel, plus attractif de regarder ce couple apprendre à jouer d'un instrument ensemble que regarder des personnes figées sur une banquette ou un siège, les yeux rivés sur un écran pendant des heures. Nous ne pouvons donc que les encourager dans cette démarche.

Certes cela ennuiera les boutonneux qui ne cherchent ici que du sexe...

--

I share this opinion but it is amazing to compare the music of today with the party organized at home several months ago when Diana sang accompanied by Efim. The impression of the time, relative to their talent of musician was better than that of today.

However I find, to personal, more attractive to watch this couple learn to play an instrument together than watching people frozen on a bench or a seat, eyes glued to a screen for hours. We can therefore only encourage this approach.

Certainly classic music will annoy the pimply faces only watching here to sex...    The real life !    :D

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I have never understood the concept of people from other countries  who speak different languages other than American, but yet sing in English. s it because American songs are so popular worldwide...?

C'est parce que tu te fais des idées fausses. Nous autres français par exemple chantons certaines de vos chansons en anglais, langage adapté au rock, blues, folk ou country mais lorsqu'il s'agit d'une chanson à textes, nous chantons notre répertoire de chansons françaises au vocabulaire beaucoup plus riche que l'anglais. Il y a le phénomène de mode également et puis l'inconnue car la majorité des étrangers ne comprennent pas les paroles de vos chansons sans quoi ils seraient souvent déçus.

Concernant la popularité d'une chanson à travers le monde, ce n'est pas sa qualité qui prime mais le pouvoir financier de ses distributeurs pour faire toujours plus de fric. Le net est aujourd'hui un vecteur très important qui permet la diffusion des tubes à grande échelle, quelle qu'en soit la qualité considérant que la population dans son immense majorité est assez inculte dans le domaine musical. "Gangnam style" est l'exemple le plus parfait de tout ce que je viens d'écrire.

Concernant Diana & Efim, il faut penser que l'Amérique a une image de modernisme et de liberté inconnues en Russie il n'y a encore pas très longtemps. Aussi, chanter des chansons anglaises ou américaines montre que l'on est moderne et progressiste. C'est une forme de rébellion contre le pouvoir en place.

--

This is because you make misconceptions. Us other french e.g. sing some of your songs in English, the language suitable for rock, blues, folk or country but when it comes to a text's song, we sing our french repertoire of songs with richer vocabulary than the English one.

There is a fashion phenomenon too and then the unknown because the majority of foreigners do not understand the lyrics of your songs, otherwise they are often disappointed.  :)

On the popularity of a song around the world, this is not its quality which takes preference but the financial power of its distributors to earn much money again. The net is today a very important vector that allows the dissemination of hits on a large scale too, regardless of the quality whereas the population in its vast majority is fairly uneducated in the musical field. "Gangnam style" is the most perfect example of everything I just wrote.

About Diana & Efim, we must think that America has an image of modernism and freedom unknown in Russia still some years  ago. So, sing english or American songs shows that one is modern and progressive. It is a form of rebellion against the established power.

Odd. I know of several old high school friends who are opera singers. They have no problem with singing songs exquisitely in Italian and German.

Musicians really don't care about languages because they speak in the Universal Language.

What you say is true, especially when speaking about true musicians...which opera singers and others are.  Their voice is their instrument.

Fundamentally, though, the words...their meaning, that is...of a piece of music is secondary to the "sound" of the words...just as the sound of the other, various, instruments matter to the music.  Great composers and the musicians who perform their pieces understand this.

Here are a couple of examples.  These are from the Final Fantasy games.  The vocalist is Japanese and the lyrics are French.  I don't understand a word of the songs, but the "sound" of the words fit the rest of the music like a glove.

Heck, while I'm at it, here's another great FF song.  Same vocalist, sung in Japanese.

The point I'm trying to make is that one doesn't need to be able to understand the words to enjoy performing or listening to good music.

Conversely, if the meaning of the words are great, but the music sucks...the song sucks as well.  The performer would be better off just reciting the words as poetry.

Concernant Diana et Efim car je pense que JollyRoger faisait référence à eux dans sa remarque n'oublions pas que s'ils chantent en anglais, ils chantent également dans leur langue maternelle avec une certaine nostalgie des chants qui leur rappellent peut-être leur enfance. On n'oublie pas ses racines...

--

About Diana and Efim - because I think JollyRoger referred to them in his remark - one should not forget that if they sing in English, they also sing in their native language with a certain nostalgia, songs that maybe remind them of their childhood. One does not forget his roots ...

I have never understood the concept of people from other countries  who speak different languages other than American, but yet sing in English. s it because American songs are so popular worldwide...?

....who speak different languages other than American, but yet sing in English.....

What about English people that sing in English, assuming by your logic that English is not American?

Maybe it's because so called American songs are actually sung in English, the dominant world language!