US General Domestic Politics (2022) #8 Begins 05/29/22

18 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

I actually voted for Jimmy Carter because at the time he was considered an outsider ( a peanut farmer from Georgia). That was a big mistake but at least it resulted in Ronald Reagan being elected president, which at the time I also opposed because of all the lies the news media told about Reagan which I believed. I guess I'm sort of like Reagan who originally was a Democrat. Reagan said,'I didn't leave the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party left me.'  

I take it back,  guess you don't always use your brain 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Wonder why this shooting didn't make national and international headlines? Maybe because the shooter was Black?

Say what??????

Gunman who killed 4 at Oklahoma medical building had been ...

https://www.cnn.com › tulsa-hospital-shooting-thursday

2 hours ago  Louis entered a physicians' office building at Tulsa's Saint Francis Hospital campus late Wednesday afternoon and shot dead his surgeon, ...

16 hours ago  (CNN) At least four people were killed Wednesday in a shooting on a hospital campus in Tulsa, Oklahoma, police said in a news conference ...
5 hours ago  A gunman shot and killed at least four people and himself Wednesday on the St. Francis Health System campus in Tulsa, Oklahoma, police say.
5 hours ago  A man carrying a rifle and a handgun opened fire in a medical office building in Tulsa, Okla., on Wednesday afternoon, killing four people and ...
22 hours ago  Four people have been killed in a shooting spree at a hospital in Tulsa, Oklahoma, police say. Officers confirmed that the suspected shooter, ...
6 hours ago  A gunman who killed four people at a hospital in Tulsa, Oklahoma, on Wednesday targeted a doctor who had treated him and bought the AR-15-style ...
1 day ago  Four people were killed as a gunman opened fire inside an Oklahoma hospital Wednesday, authorities said. The gunman, described as 35 to 40 ...
3 hours ago  Police said Louis fatally shot two orthopedists, a medical receptionist, a bystander, and then himself at a medical office in Tulsa, Oklahoma, ...
1 day ago  Tulsa police confirmed that a shooter killed four people at Saint Francis Hospital in Tulsa, Okla., on Wednesday.
6 hours ago  Tulsa police said a gunman charged into the second floor of the Natalie Building at St. Francis Hospital at 4:52 p.m. Wednesday, ...

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, happyone said:

Say what??????

Gunman who killed 4 at Oklahoma medical building had been ...

https://www.cnn.com › tulsa-hospital-shooting-thursday

2 hours ago  Louis entered a physicians' office building at Tulsa's Saint Francis Hospital campus late Wednesday afternoon and shot dead his surgeon, ...

16 hours ago  (CNN) At least four people were killed Wednesday in a shooting on a hospital campus in Tulsa, Oklahoma, police said in a news conference ...
5 hours ago  A gunman shot and killed at least four people and himself Wednesday on the St. Francis Health System campus in Tulsa, Oklahoma, police say.
5 hours ago  A man carrying a rifle and a handgun opened fire in a medical office building in Tulsa, Okla., on Wednesday afternoon, killing four people and ...
22 hours ago  Four people have been killed in a shooting spree at a hospital in Tulsa, Oklahoma, police say. Officers confirmed that the suspected shooter, ...
6 hours ago  A gunman who killed four people at a hospital in Tulsa, Oklahoma, on Wednesday targeted a doctor who had treated him and bought the AR-15-style ...
1 day ago  Four people were killed as a gunman opened fire inside an Oklahoma hospital Wednesday, authorities said. The gunman, described as 35 to 40 ...
3 hours ago  Police said Louis fatally shot two orthopedists, a medical receptionist, a bystander, and then himself at a medical office in Tulsa, Oklahoma, ...
1 day ago  Tulsa police confirmed that a shooter killed four people at Saint Francis Hospital in Tulsa, Okla., on Wednesday.
6 hours ago  Tulsa police said a gunman charged into the second floor of the Natalie Building at St. Francis Hospital at 4:52 p.m. Wednesday, ...

I won't read through every article since after the first two articles it didn't mention the race of the shooter. Imagine that, someone who goes on a killing spree, and the race is not mentioned unless it is someone who is Caucasian. I for one am more than sick and tired of the one sided b.s. that is perputated by most of the the left leaning news media. I notice you posted articles from most of the left leaning so called media outlets. You should know by now that, that is the way it is nowadays. Come November, we will see what happens when the votes are cast to decide who should control the country's best interests that will determine that enough of others are sick and tired of working and not being able to make ends meet or having anything leftover from payday to payday to do anything with. Perhaps that could be an answer to your 'say what' ? H.O. 

5 hours ago, happyone said:

I take it back,  guess you don't always use your brain 🤣

But in the 1970s and 1980s there was no cable tv nor talk radio where there were opinions to counter the main stream media. On tv all there was, was ABC, NBC, CBS and PBS.  When I saw Reagan in person I liked him, but if the things the news media said about him had been true I would have had legitimate reasons to not like him. It wasn't until years later that I learned most of what the news media said were lies. At the time I believed the news media and just figured Reagan was just a good actor.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

So why should the wealth an individual spends his whole life earning go to government upon death rather than going to that person's children? 

"Regierung" als Erbe war nicht mein Vorschlag. Es gibt viele Menschen welche mehr würdig sind zu erben als leibliche Kinder. Looser D. Trump ist ein gutes Beispiel für unwürdigen Erben.

Leibliche Kinder sind durch "Pflicht-Anteil" am Erbe und steuerlich gegenüber anderen Menschen wie Neffen, Nichten, Cousins oder fremden Menschen stark im Vorteil. Das ist ungerecht

5 hours ago, StarLight28 said:

"Government" as an heir was not my suggestion. There are many people who are more worthy to inherit than natural children. Looser D. Trump is a good example of an unworthy heir.

Biological children have a strong advantage over other people such as nephews, nieces, cousins or strangers due to their "compulsory share" in the inheritance and for tax purposes. That's unfair

That's the reason people complete wills, so that they determine who their accumulated wealth goes to and not the government.