B4 - General Topic 2023 #81 (December)

1 hour ago, 1charliefoxx69 said:

Max has a favorite word.

We should start a drinking game and every time he says his favorite word... We take a shot.

Alright..3 guesses on what the magic word is and the first two don't count. What is it?

--- I --- maybe?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, amiya.ifrit013 said:

Just went through all the comments about last night and I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Comments like Karma is on my blacklist and stuff like that, reasons being along the lines that it was all a pre-planned show arranged earlier. Like, have people never planned events or activities with their friends before? Is that different because there is no camera on them? Of course this was arranged before, she even elaborated on it during her phone discussion yesterday afternoon with Sara's friend. It wasn't a show for the camera viewers, it was just something planned amongst the girls (and maybe guys). 

But to them the premise of the site is all about sexual activity, which I guess is a reasonable assumption if that is the only thing they're looking for. But if that is the case, then why would management bring in tenants that don't follow those guidelines, and if they don't, why don't they get immediately replaced?

Does it not make more sense to believe that these tenants are offered free lodging, and are paid a monthly compensation for the inconvenience of having camera's on them 24/7. Then there is a bonus for top replay and/or sexual activity. To me that would be a more logical explanation why people like Esmi, Octavia, even Shantel are there, they are content with the free lodging and "salary" while the likes of Cecelia, Ulyana, Fiora are taking advantage of the bonus offer by putting on shows specifically directed at the camera/viewer. And then you have the likes of Karma, Kelly, even Sara, who are just living their lives, and if sexual activity comes along, it's a bonus but they don't go chasing it. 

And before people say anything, yes, I am still under the impression that Sara (more based on conversations and behaviour) is showing her real life, it maybe an unconventional one, one which most people are not used to seeing, but that is her personality. Which was also exactly what Karma said, again on the phone yesterday, how she is discovering Sara's true nature, how Sara is often focussed on herself and forgets about others and that she needs to have a discussion with her and hopefully Sara understands her feelings.

Karma is learning the way of things at RLC, and she is adapting to the environment she said. So the Karma we saw coming in to the project was her true self, but so is the Karma we see now. Seems like people are holding on to what they saw at the start and are disappointed in what they see now. But adaptation to the environment around is the nature of all things, why is she being criticised for her evolution? She still knows when it's too much for her, but she is also expanding her boundaries. 

The thing is, most people here on the forum are working with a fraction of the total picture. They see what is happening on screen and assume/speculate and judge based on that. But if you go to buy a car, and the sales person only tells you that the tyres are filled with air and all the lights are working, would you buy it? Probably not, so why do people draw conclusions based on 10% of the information they have? Even those understanding the language are working with 40%-50% of information since a lot is communicated through texting.

Great post.

Back in the day, I occasionally needed to use interpreters (who are a different breed of cat than a translator).  And a good interpreter will halt the conversation, and ask, 'What do you mean by that?'  Sometimes this occurred when a word or phrase might have an ambiguous meaning when spoken in another language.  It was their job to ensure that the word or phrase was correctly interpreted from one language to another.

For sale on Amazon, there is a dictionary of Russian slang:  353 pages and over 5,000 words / expressions.  I suspect very few of them find their way into translation software.