B1 - General Topic 2024 #4 (March - April)

il y a 8 minutes, chogdad a dit :

Failed her test. She says "I KNOW how to fucking drive" and "It's not fair".

Very mature reaction .... 

4 minutes ago, chogdad said:

She feels 'stupid and disappointed'. 

Octavia, more people fail first time than pass! You are far from alone.

She'll pick herself up soon enough I think. Her reaction is somewhat surprising but she as with all test students rely on themselves to pass first time and I am sure when she rebooks she will. Bless her, poor thing.

• Like 1

Octavia, shout it out, it will definitely help.

I don't know how the Spanish inspectors will react, but  just drive very slowly and overly carefully.

Why is there no one there who can hold you?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TfiDeano said:

She'll pick herself up soon enough I think. Her reaction is somewhat surprising but she as with all test students rely on themselves to pass first time and I am sure when she rebooks she will. Bless her, poor thing.

She may have planned things, like WHEN i pass, i can go here.....etc. Learning and passing in a different country as well makes it more difficult too. 

5 minutes ago, TfiDeano said:

Unfortunately it was the second failed attempt, but we all know that driving is difficult at the beginning because there are no automatic mechanisms yet.

That's how it is with the human system.

Just now, Melle2 said:

Unfortunately it was the second failed attempt, but we all know that driving is difficult at the beginning because there are no automatic mechanisms yet.

That's how it is with the human system.

Oh no so she failed twice now, is that what you are saying? Here in UK we can opt for either manual or automatic but passing in an automatic means you can only drive an automatic. 

5 minutes ago, TfiDeano said:

Oh no so she failed twice now, is that what you are saying? Here in UK we can opt for either manual or automatic but passing in an automatic means you can only drive an automatic. 

I don't know if she learns on an automatic car, but either way you have to pay too much attention to the operation of the car and then you over-concentrate on traffic situations and interpret it incorrectly.

As I understand it, she was going too fast at a pedestrian crossing because she saw that no people were coming.

12 minutes ago, Melle2 said:

I don't know if she learns on an automatic car, but either way you have to pay too much attention to the operation of the car and then you over-concentrate on traffic situations and interpret it incorrectly.

As I understand it, she was going too fast at a pedestrian crossing because she saw that no people were coming.

Thanks I will watch the RP, just being lazy asking you that's all lol. 

25 minutes ago, TfiDeano said:

It's a little different here in the States, you can only take your driver test in a automatic.

• Upvote 1