B1 - General Topic 2024 #4 (March - April)

15 minutes ago, chogdad said:

I get the feeling that Octavia falls in love too quickly because she is always looking for 'The One'. As a result, she gives too much of herself away straight away - Look how much she gave Carlos so soon. The fact he hasn't been in touch for days should tell her he's not The One, if he was, he would have been texting or calling all the time. Maybe he got what he wanted from her, sadly, and has moved on the another already. But Octavia needs to slow down and let things happen naturally, rather than trying to 'make' them happen. 

I completely agree with you

But I think that enthusiasm is a feature of Octavia's character, as is the sadness that comes with failure

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, chogdad said:

I get the feeling that Octavia falls in love too quickly because she is always looking for 'The One'. As a result, she gives too much of herself away straight away - Look how much she gave Carlos so soon. The fact he hasn't been in touch for days should tell her he's not The One, if he was, he would have been texting or calling all the time. Maybe he got what he wanted from her, sadly, and has moved on the another already. But Octavia needs to slow down and let things happen naturally, rather than trying to 'make' them happen. 

I disagree. I don't find that she gives too much of herself. I think it is her nature to give herself completely. Naturally, it is risky, but I think she knows that and lives with it. A courageous and lovely woman !

2 hours ago, chogdad said:

He got his wiener wet which was likely his main objective.  :biggrin:

• Like 1

Octavia is talking again and she is torn. Carlos got in touch again and they probably talked to each other yesterday. I think her thoughts will go crazy again. I don't know what to advise you, Octavia. Remember that if Carlos doesn't behave the way you want, you'll be sad again. Do the right thing...

It will probably be the case that sadness will be your eternal companion.

With this in mind, you can give him another chance if you think he can develop and you are ready for another defeat.

14 minutes ago, Melle2 said:

Octavia is talking again and she is torn. Carlos got in touch again and they probably talked to each other yesterday. I think her thoughts will go crazy again. I don't know what to advise you, Octavia. Remember that if Carlos doesn't behave the way you want, you'll be sad again. Do the right thing...

It will probably be the case that sadness will be your eternal companion.

With this in mind, you can give him another chance if you think he can develop and you are ready for defeat.

We only know part of what is happening, so the only thing we can do is trust her that she will make the choice she feels is right for her. We can provide insight or opinion but can't really help her, as much as I'm sure we would like to.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, itohkata said:

We only know part of what is happening, so the only thing we can do is trust her that she will make the choice she feels is right for her. We can provide insight or opinion but can't really help her, as much as I'm sure we would like to.

Unfortunately you are right. You wish you could help her, but you really can't.

• Thanks 1

il y a 7 minutes, Melle2 a dit :

Unfortunately you are right. You wish you could help her, but you really can't.

That's the wiser thought in days. 👍

• Thanks 1

On 4/1/2024 at 11:45 PM, Melle2 said:

Sorry Frank, but I don't understand the context. Is that a saying?

it might be a saying but i don't know.  i was merely pointing out that she likes liver and there aren't that many women (to my knowledge) that like liver.

15 minutes ago, FrankZabba said:

it might be a saying but i don't know.  i was merely pointing out that she likes liver and there aren't that many women (to my knowledge) that like liver.

Ok Frank, I understand, no hidden message.
You have to remember that she comes from a different cultural background. I think it's common there to eat offal.

Or do you call it innards.

13 hours ago, chogdad said:

I've noticed that when the short haired girl is there with Octavia, like she was earlier, she seems that little bit happier. 

Octavia spent the weekend with the girl. They were at the villa party together and the next day or night they went out partying outside the houses. And the girl can give Octa a little lightness so that she could forget her sorrows.