B1 - General Topic 2024 #5 (April / May)

1 hour ago, Melle2 said:

I feel the need to draw a conclusion for myself.
I was curious how seriously the slogan “other people’s private lives” should be taken.
Of course, there are couples, such as "Venera and Lion", who lead a normal life, including work outside the home.
However, this slogan is a lot of nonsense for singles or couples on vacation.
When the tenants aren't preparing food and then spending time in the kitchen, all I see here are girls who write and receive text messages all day and mostly spend it in bed.
I wonder what a viewer gets out of watching someone do this activity.

Another example of absolutely pointless watching was a party like the one last weekend.
The music was once again very loud, so that you could see that some people were talking,
but you have absolutely no chance of understanding anything about it, even if the conversations were perhaps even conducted in English.
Other viewers report clever lighting manipulation on the part of the tenants, so that nothing can be seen in other situations.
I wonder how this all fits with the slogan. For me the answer is clear, not at all.

Over the three months that I've been pursuing this project, Oktavia has grown on me.
I found her way of talking to the walls to be very positive. I had the impression that an honest person here can handle the cameras and also thinks about those who are watching.
I can only rate her wish to bring a partner into the house as positive for us as viewers and thank Oktavia for this real participation in her private life.

However, what is allowed in this private life has changed for some time. Since two new men came into Octavia's life, she has shown different behavior. She no longer receives or writes voice messages in public spaces.
She writes and receives a barrage of text messages throughout the day, but the question remains from above.
In these last few days she goes to the downstairs toilet for every occasion, which I find unnecessary anyway, but I have come to the opinion that she receives and writes these voice messages there in the camera-free room, so that she can take part in her private lives are deliberately excluded here.
She still reveals a part of her private life in her speeches, but I see this as a very chosen part of her. I'm annoyed by this hiding behavior.

Since I don't want to get angry and since I can't change Octavia's behavior, of course she has the right to do so,
there are two decisions for me: firstly, I will not convert my membership to RLC into a long-term one, but rather end it, as it really isn't worth spending so much money, secondly,

I will end my contributions here to Octavia, as I am her I'm not going to follow up anymore. I need to break my emotional attachment as I don't want to get angry.

personally i feel there should have never been an emotional attachment to octavia.  i think you will find it rather easy to give up watching her.

the phrase " the private life of other people" is total bullshit!  rlc is a scam and it always has been. 

5 minutes ago, FrankZabba said:

personally i feel there should have never been an emotional attachment to octavia.  i think you will find it rather easy to give up watching her.

the phrase " the private life of other people" is total bullshit!  rlc is a scam and it always has been. 

You're right. I have already achieved that.

1 hour ago, Melle2 said:

Since I don't want to get angry and since I can't change Octavia's behavior, of course she has the right to do so,
there are two decisions for me: firstly, I will not convert my membership to RLC into a long-term one, but rather end it, as it really isn't worth spending so much money, secondly,

I will end my contributions here to Octavia, as I am her I'm not going to follow up anymore. I need to break my emotional attachment as I don't want to get angry.

I hope I haven't bored the members of this forum with my thoughts. The motto for everyone is: everyone can do what they want, that applies to the tenants as well as to the viewers and readers of this forum.

Well first, thank you one last time for your past contributions. 

Then, as I don't have a lot of time lately to follow RLC, I thought it was me who was not connected when Octavia was sharing, but maybe not (and that's good to know). 

Your conclusion is spot on, and everybody will keep doing that 🙂 And while you're right saying she has the right to do so, you've got also the right to feel disappointed (or angry) by that.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2024 at 9:46 PM, StnCld316 said:

Every now and then she talks to the walls but they don't seem to answer back.  :biggrin:

That's her Journaling Dear Diary GIF by Ryn Dean

They walls must be ready to crack listening to her banging on. 🤣

On 4/16/2024 at 9:42 PM, Ash1 said:

Does Octavia ever stop thinking about the cameras?  Does she ever stop performing to the cameras?

At least someone else can see it. Couldn't be more blatant. 

10 minutes ago, FrankZabba said:

i'm not picking on you but unless you just did it, it seems like you've been following her every move by some of your comments.

You're right there too. There was a time when Octavia suffered a lot and it was difficult not to be able to help her. During these times I pursued her intensively.

• Thanks 1

People are who they are and do what they do based on their genetic makeup and the conditioning they have received from many sources throughout their life. There is no right or wrong until somebody makes a judgement based on their own concept (just thoughts) of how things ought to be instead of accepting that life unfolds exactly as it should and has been doing for millions of years according to Cosmic Law. Yes, society makes rules and as a result there are consequences to actions that go against what society deems acceptable so it is wise to follow guidelines but it is helpful to have compassion for what happens rather than trying to place blame somewhere because whatever happens could not have been otherwise.

RLC is what it is. Take it or leave it, it's fine. Watch it or cancel, no problem, but to say it should be different than what it is makes no sense. It is the private lives of other people who are put into a very artificial environment with special rules and what we see is an attempt to live life while having to deal with all that comes with these unusual circumstances.

I have interacted with RLC a few times over the years but have never been as interested as I am now after having “met” Octavia. I continue to find her very unique, interesting and refreshing because she is as open and honest as anyone I have seen on the site. Yes, she does play with things within the “rules” and her behavior evolves and changes the longer she lives in this environment but it's all OK. Lets face it…this situation is a temporary stop in the lives of most of the people in these houses. I think in Octavia's case she has experienced a lot of new and exciting things, grown as a person, and will soon “outgrow” RLC and move on. I will miss her.

5 minutes ago, OneBeing said:

People are who they are and do what they do based on their genetic makeup and the conditioning they have received from many sources throughout their life. There is no right or wrong until somebody makes a judgement based on their own concept (just thoughts) of how things ought to be instead of accepting that life unfolds exactly as it should and has been doing for millions of years according to Cosmic Law. Yes, society makes rules and as a result there are consequences to actions that go against what society deems acceptable so it is wise to follow guidelines but it is helpful to have compassion for what happens rather than trying to place blame somewhere because whatever happens could not have been otherwise.

RLC is what it is. Take it or leave it, it's fine. Watch it or cancel, no problem, but to say it should be different than what it is makes no sense. It is the private lives of other people who are put into a very artificial environment with special rules and what we see is an attempt to live life while having to deal with all that comes with these unusual circumstances.

I have interacted with RLC a few times over the years but have never been as interested as I am now after having “met” Octavia. I continue to find her very unique, interesting and refreshing because she is as open and honest as anyone I have seen on the site. Yes, she does play with things within the “rules” and her behavior evolves and changes the longer she lives in this environment but it's all OK. Lets face it…this situation is a temporary stop in the lives of most of the people in these houses. I think in Octavia's case she has experienced a lot of new and exciting things, grown as a person, and will soon “outgrow” RLC and move on. I will miss her.

even though i don't agree with everything you said, it was a good read none the less.  thanks for your contributions!

1 minute ago, FrankZabba said:

even though i don't agree with everything you said, it was a good read none the less.  thanks for your contributions!

I appreciate that Frank. Thanks for yours as well.

• Thanks 1