B2 - General Topic 2024 #9 (May / June)

On 5/16/2024 at 11:27 PM, badboylovesgirls said:

Thx for the information.

I think Spanish is her first language but South American Spanish but I am  sure she can speak the Spanish language spoken in Spain fluently.  If she is getting training these days from an airline, I think I know which airline is it according to her uniform.

There was a post above that hers is the uniform used in the training school, unaffiliated with any airline.

When I was trying to identify the airline, I looked at uniforms for only those airlines that have a major base in Barcelona.  I mistakenly thought she was in an airline training school.

United Airlines training is 6.5 weeks.  See:

https://www.airport-technology.com/news/united-inflight-training-centre-us/?cf-view

Assuming she is hired by an airline, I think she would need additional training on the specific models of planes she would be flying.  An Airbus is not the same as a Boeing, a single aisle plane is not the same as a double aisle plane.  And it is unclear whether this training school uses fuselage mockups for deployment of emergency slides, etc.

Short YouTube video on flight attendant training at Delta airlines, also a six week course.

https://youtu.be/2e9d43AMILk?si=pkUKRj_QZyvl78zH

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

Where it's BS for one may be of some importance to someone else.  :biggrin:

Some know when BS is getting talked more than others. 🤣

ace ventura bullshit GIF

19 minutes ago, moules said:

There was a post above that hers is the uniform used in the training school, unaffiliated with any airline.

When I was trying to identify the airline, I looked at uniforms for only those airlines that have a major base in Barcelona.  I mistakenly thought she was in an airline training school.

United Airlines training is 6.5 weeks.  See:

https://www.airport-technology.com/news/united-inflight-training-centre-us/?cf-view

Assuming she is hired by an airline, I think she would need additional training on the specific models of planes she would be flying.  An Airbus is not the same as a Boeing, a single aisle plane is not the same as a double aisle plane.  And it is unclear whether this training school uses fuselage mockups for deployment of emergency slides, etc.

Short YouTube video on flight attendant training at Delta airlines, also a six week course.

https://youtu.be/2e9d43AMILk?si=pkUKRj_QZyvl78zH

Do they have mirrors on these airlines? Otherwise I can't see her doing this, she is too obsessed with looking at herself all day. 😉 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Maxbell said:

Do they have mirrors on these airlines? Otherwise I can't see her doing this, she is too obsessed with looking at herself all day. 😉 

aren't they all!

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Maxbell said:

Her and Leora especially would be a nightmare on your flight. 🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jonno said:

Her and Leora especially would be a nightmare on your flight. 🤣

definitely. Imagine an emergency situation!

On a curious note, and not about Nadia so much, but they must screen applicants personality for being able to keep from losing their shit in an emergency?

5 minutes ago, Maxbell said:

definitely. Imagine an emergency situation!

On a curious note, and not about Nadia so much, but they must screen applicants personality for being able to keep from losing their shit in an emergency?

i know the police and fire departments have to go through mental evaluation testing prior to joining the police and fire services.  maybe the pilots would have to do the same but i'm not so sure about the attendants.

• Upvote 1