It is me and my

mic351

computer or are the cams just generally f**ked up at RLC.  Seems as if every time something is happening at any room, the cams start to freeze.  I wrote RLC about this and they said I must have an overloaded cache or a virus.  BS!  I took my computer in and had all the maintenance/tune up done, in addition to having it swept for malware and/or virus's.  Got it home, same-o-same-o. 

So I'm wondering if everybody else is having similar  problems, are their servers too small to handle the load, or what the f**k is going on...

I'm going to call server overload on that particular apartment that you are trying to view. I don't get freezes, but I get chatters if a lot of people are in the room or if sex is going on, a lot of people are looking in.

I have a 75mbps cable modem with 100mbps wireless connection, so I doubt it's your computer. If you would like, I'll suggest a few programs for you that are free so you don't need to spend money on 'tune-ups'. Save that for old cars, not computers

I'm going to call server overload on that particular apartment that you are trying to view. I don't get freezes, but I get chatters if a lot of people are in the room or if sex is going on, a lot of people are looking in.

I have a 75mbps cable modem with 100mbps wireless connection, so I doubt it's your computer. If you would like, I'll suggest a few programs for you that are free so you don't need to spend money on 'tune-ups'. Save that for old cars, not computers

Thanks for response TBG.  I've got 8 mgs or ram and a terabyte of memory anything you could pull my coat to would be appreciated.

Thanks for response TBG.  I've got 8 mgs or ram and a terabyte of memory anything you could pull my coat to would be appreciated.

I'd bet the farm on it being a problem on their end. Too many people, who have widely different pc specs, are reporting the same.

Here's a quick test to assure you that it's not an issue on your side; go to youtube and find any video that's in 720 or 1080p definition, these will be way higher than the resolution RLC streams at.  Can you watch those types of video without buffering, or stuttering?

I reckon you probably can - if so then you can be assured that the issue is with RLC and they are giving you a shit reply. Youtubes servers are probably the best in the business for streaming so you get no issue - RLC's are probably the bare minimum standard which is why a lot of us have this issue!

I'd bet the farm on it being a problem on their end. Too many people, who have widely different pc specs, are reporting the same.

Here's a quick test to assure you that it's not an issue on your side; go to youtube and find any video that's in 720 or 1080p definition, these will be way higher than the resolution RLC streams at.  Can you watch those types of video without buffering, or stuttering?

I reckon you probably can - if so then you can be assured that the issue is with RLC and they are giving you a shit reply. Youtubes servers are probably the best in the business for streaming so you get no issue - RLC's are probably the bare minimum standard which is why a lot of us have this issue!

"YouTube is a video-sharing website headquartered in San Bruno, California, United States. The service was created by three former PayPal employees in February 2005. In November 2006, it was bought by Google for US$1.65 billion"

Not really sure RLC can quite match that sort of budget.

PS. Tried your suggestion, my computers better than I thought!

• 4 weeks later...

I think it's the bandwidth from their cams to the RLC server that gets saturated when there is more movement as there's suddenly more data to send due to the way the compressed movie format works. A static image doesn't get sent over & over again fully and there's some "difference" information sent when something moves as some artefacts sometimes betray and you see an individual at both the place they started walking from and a few more "copies" of them in between their target.