Old films

BBsq69

In 1956 when I was five years old, I stood at the top of the Empire State Building. 

And in 1933 King Kong was there too.  But he had a much bigger impact on the town when he came down.  Unlike him, I just took the elevator like everyone else.

What a scene that poor bastard must have caused, as he plummeted down.  First hitting one precipice, and then another, as he finally spun in the air and cartwheeled to the ground.   

A real showman right to the end. 

Pssst.  It was a body double.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so sure about that.  Even at that age I was a pretty observant guy, and I did recall seeing some faint signs of blood stains still there in that fractured street, where the pathetic freak did lie.  Or parts of him anyways.

And if I were Kong, I would have pissed on that gawking crowd down below before I headed into my swan dive.

And just remember.  You and I have seen things that a lot of the younger posters here haven't.  Like people getting dressed up to go on an airplane.  Just to mention one.

You forgot to mention that the family would walk out to the tarmac and say goodbye to their loved ones, who would then walk up the stairs to the airplane, hand the stewardess the equivalent of a bus pass, and then fly away when the props spun up.

http://anony.ws/i/2016/01/22/vlcsnap9078011.png

post-19450-145739690915_thumb.png

To me, that was the best movie Humphrey Bogart ever did.   

And as far as classy passengers go, this is what you get nowadays. 

Back 2007 or 2008 there was a man who jacked off and shot his wad of cum into this sleeping woman's hair while in flight. 

That's a true story!  And it's a good thing she wasn't one of those who sleeps with their mouths open.

Come on fellas, be honest.  Haven't you ever been tempted to do this very thing? 

You can bet she only flies first class now.    "Well ma'am, there's first class, and then there's no class."  "Which will it be?" 

To me, that was the best movie Humphrey Bogart ever did.   

And as far as classy passengers go, this is what you get nowadays. 

Back 2007 or 2008 there was a man who jacked off and shot his wad of cum into this sleeping woman's hair while in flight. 

That's a true story!  And it's a good thing she wasn't one of those who sleeps with their mouths open.

Come on fellas, be honest.  Haven't you ever been tempted to do this very thing? 

You can bet she only flies first class now.    "Well ma'am, there's first class, and then there's no class."  "Which will it be?"

...Nobody help me...??!!  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You forgot to mention that the family would walk out to the tarmac and say goodbye to their loved ones, who would then walk up the stairs to the airplane, hand the stewardess the equivalent of a bus pass, and then fly away when the props spun up.

You still can... at that location.

And the same number of planes actually take off there today!

warner_bros_studios.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Betty Boop is a sweet heart, while being essentially a sexed-up hottie shocker from the days when mentioning the word "sex" in public was banned. Cartoon characters can get away with saying things and doing stuff that would be taboo for a human to do.

The acceptance and adulation of her  reminds me of certain CC member's love and loyalty to their particular RLC queen. Betty is certainly as iconic as Madonna, Marilyn Monroe, or Jessica Rabbit.

I rather like some of the very early Felix the Cat cartoons from the silent era, too. He was, after all, a pioneer in many ways, and historically, he the first broadcast image to hit the TV screen.

post-19450-145739693708_thumb.jpg