RLC response speed

Guest TxFeller

I'm running Win7 Professional, but am still holding off on the upgrade.

As for Ubuntu Linux, be aware that Mozilla is open source (good) but no longer can support streams on RLC (bad) without enhancements. That requires a license and some heavy-duty tweaking to the respositories. Chrome works fine for everything on Ubuntu (Google paid the licensing fees). In fact, Google is extremely Ubuntu friendly with all of it's products, including Google Earth, which runs quite cleanly and faster than it does on my Win installation machines.

Personally, I need a bigger drive, a faster video board, and a modern processor in order to get a maximum advantage from Win10. Even then, I'll probably go for a dual boot Win10/Linux set-up.

So I'm iffy on upgrading my current machines until I hear some better reviews from you folks.

Until then, I just want you to know that my Amiga system still boots, ready to multi-task, in about 4 seconds; the games still work great, and it doesn't have the disadvantage of Internet access! What's not to love about that?!  :hugnkiss:

Guest TxFeller

HMPH!! Well, this is INDEED a disgusting turn of events. Just to see if it was perhaps Firefox that was giving me problems with RLC, I decided to try Edge. I was watching Leora sitting on the couch with not much going on, even FrigiKing not around. I was getting lag from the site. At that time is when I tried Edge. And... NO LAG. Oh the embarrassment to even admit such a thing. :(

I must make amends in some fashion. I have to figure out what is making Firefox lag on the site, even when it doesn't lag on any other sites I ever visit.

Guest TxFeller

aHA!! Success. I got Edge to lag as well. I tried to go check in on the new girl and had lag getting the cam to come up and then in Carla & Mario's place, too. I feel MUCH better.

The spooky thing is that not only does the NSA track everybody, but browsers and search engines and operating system now ferret through all of you private emails and browsing history as "a way of helping you find stuff that fits your interests." Ain't that nice of 'em?  >:(

PS: Freezing and lagging are programmed to occur whenever things are just getting really interesting on RLC.

This is in addition to pillows that magically appear in the exact wrong place at the wrong time and the fact that Scooter, and now Carla's kitten, are trained specifically to block the action whenever a woman takes off her undies.

Guest TxFeller

PS: Freezing and lagging are programmed to occur whenever things are just getting really interesting on RLC.

This is in addition to pillows that magically appear in the exact wrong place at the wrong time and the fact that Scooter, and now Carla's kitten, are trained specifically to block the action whenever a woman takes off her undies.

LOL.

I know the spooks can just look on the ISP's server to get browsing history, but it's always been that way, even before 9/11. Cell calls, too. There hasn't been anything happen on the internet in the past 20 years that wasn't recorded somewhere. It hasn't done them a great deal of good to record it, however, because website content changes, sometimes as frequently as hourly. They can get metadata, but if they also recorded page content, there would not be enough storage capacity to store even a single day's traffic, net-wide.

The NSA's Utah data storage facility is rumored to be capable of up to 5 zetabytes, or the equivalent of 1.25 billion 4-terabyte hard drives.

I think the bigger problem is accessing and organizing that much data.

Between all my computers, I'm good for about a terabyte. And I'll be damned if I can find anything anywhere on 'em when I need to!  :idk:

The NSA's Utah data storage facility is rumored to be capable of up to 5 zetabytes, or the equivalent of 1.25 billion 4-terabyte hard drives.

I think the bigger problem is accessing and organizing that much data.

Between all my computers, I'm good for about a terabyte. And I'll be damned if I can find anything anywhere on 'em when I need to!  :idk:

My 3 gigabyte daily usage won't be much good to them.  :lmao: