RLC response speed

Guest TxFeller

Guest TxFeller

Is it just me, or is RLC dragging like molasses in the past couple of days? Changing from one room to the next takes up to 10 seconds, plus the stream is hanging even while staying focused on the same room. I just upgraded to Win10 a couple of days ago and the problem seems to be arising around the same time. On Win8.1, no such issue. I have a 30 Mbps connection, so the site should never be able to outpace what I can receive.

Edit: btw, I don't have this issue on other websites, such as youtube.

Is it just me, or is RLC dragging like molasses in the past couple of days? Changing from one room to the next takes up to 10 seconds, plus the stream is hanging even while staying focused on the same room. I just upgraded to Win10 a couple of days ago and the problem seems to be arising around the same time. On Win8.1, no such issue. I have a 30 Mbps connection, so the site should never be able to outpace what I can receive.

Edit: btw, I don't have this issue on other websites, such as youtube.

Some things just don't work proper with Windows 10. Everything worked fine when it first set up and then Microsoft has their updates turned on with no way to shut the thing off. Once the updates get installed then it starts doing abnormal stuff.The Edge Browser is useless as the pop up blocker doesn't block anything. Microsoft controls most of the settings by default leaving the user stuck using the setting the O/S provides instead of being able to set it up to their own personal preferences.  I am going back to Windows 7 or 8.1  haven't decided which one yet.  I'll have to download Linux and give that a try someday or try the Mac O/S.

Guest TxFeller

I'm using Firefox. I tried setting the start page to google in Edge, but it won't accept it, so I won't be using their new browser. From what I have read, it won't allow the add-ons like AdBlocker, and I haven't tried to install Roboform on it yet, so I can't say if it will accept that or not. But, I will browse MY WAY and screw Microshaft if they don't like it.  :curse:

I'm using Firefox. I tried setting the start page to google in Edge, but it won't accept it, so I won't be using their new browser. From what I have read, it won't allow the add-ons like AdBlocker, and I haven't tried to install Roboform on it yet, so I can't say if it will accept that or not. But, I will browse MY WAY and screw Microshaft if they don't like it.  :curse:

They even got that Windows Defender for anti-virus and malware set by default so it makes any other program of that nature you want to use almost rendered useless. One just conflicts with the other.

Guest TxFeller

I use Spybot Search and Destroy for malware and Avast for my anti-virus. There are tips for how to disable Defender on the net. I will be using one of those very shortly to disable their program.

Guest TxFeller

Hmm... I went through my menu to find Windows Defender, then ran the app, but it says it's not running on my system to protect it, which is probably why the program is greyed out in system settings. So.... Defender isn't the issue. I'll have to find something else to tinker with.

:idk:

Hmm... I went through my menu to find Windows Defender, then ran the app, but it says it's not running on my system to protect it, which is probably why the program is greyed out in system settings. So.... Defender isn't the issue. I'll have to find something else to tinker with.

:idk:

Mine was already turned on when I installed the O/S  don't know where to turn it off. It's not a big deal I usually don't encounter virus and malware.  When I do it's in the Sandbox. Just close the sandbox and it's gone.

I put Win 10 in on my 8.1 machine and 2 days later reverted back to 8.1. Nothing wanted to work, programs couldn't use the drivers with 10 and I was constantly rebooting the machine to get even the Internet to work.

I have another laptop I gave the wife with Win 7 on it. I wouldn't dare confuse her with 10 if I was having trouble with it. I really miss XP. Going to 7 was a step up, but then when my XP tower gave up the ghost, I bought this high end HP with Win 8.1 and love it.

There are those that love it, but the really educated geeks tell you to stay away, that 10 is the spyware version of Windows and nothing at all will be private with it. Not that I feel it really is now, but that's me.

Use Malware Bytes (free) instead of Spybot S&D. It found so much on my old XP machine that nothing else would. And I use Avast also. I love it, many hate it. I also use Super Anti-Spyware to clean up the garbage.

Everyone's Privacy went out the window with Windows 10.  All their security features they have set by default sends Microsoft a log file of just about everything you do on your computer.

At least with previous versions of Windows you could always turn them off.

Even Windows Updates I despise.  They are useless and not really needed for a home computer.

Guest TxFeller
And I use Avast also. I love it, many hate it. I also use Super Anti-Spyware to clean up the garbage.

I use CrapCleaner (CCleaner) for little tidbits left over from installs/uninstalls. But, as far as Avast, I just like that it is not nearly as heavy as any of the other anti-viruses I've tried (Kasperski, McAfee, Norton, NOD32) plus it hasn't let a single thing get past it.

Off/On topic.

Just curious those of you who are hating windows 10.

What are your specs on your computers.

I have a HP Laptop with windows 10 Home and a Brand New PC I just built with Win 10 Pro.

I have had no problems what so ever.

Capture.jpg

Capture2.jpg[/url

I use NOD32 Anti virus Paid version ,Outpost Firewall Paid version for security. Firefox for my browser.