Thoughts for the day Split #2

Ozi

I'm not a right-wing Republican, I'm not even American. I am interested in US politics, as much as I can understand it, partly personal and partly work related. I also have a few American friends.

As for things like ObamaCare and an equal society, you need to check where your media sources it's information. If the USA were a business they would be breaching the law by trading insolvent. Articles I've read suggest whole cities are all but shut down. As for ObamCare, I've read the legislation and it scared the hell out of me. I wouldn't want our government to pass anything similar and I'm pretty hard line, in favour of zero tolerance, the death penalty, closing our borders and deporting ALL aliens and their families.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a right-wing Republican, I'm not even American. I am interested in US politics, as much as I can understand it, partly personal and partly work related. I also have a few American friends.

As for things like ObamaCare and an equal society, you need to check where your media sources it's information. If the USA were a business they would be breaching the law by trading insolvent. Articles I've read suggest whole cities are all but shut down. As for ObamCare, I've read the legislation and it scared the hell out of me. I wouldn't want our government to pass anything similar and I'm pretty hard line, in favour of zero tolerance, the death penalty, closing our borders and deporting ALL aliens and their families.

I can easily understand that you are against ObamaCare and similar social programs. My information is based on top quality European media sources, I am not interested enough in reading some U.S. newspapers to compare information. The visible role of the U.S. President in every important issue (though he of course has a legion of assistants) seems strange to me, I would prefer a strong cabinet with all ministers carrying visibly their own responsibilities. Maybe that is the case, but in our news we see only the President, sometimes the Secretary of State, no others.

My wife and our daughter were in San Fransisco on the night Obama was chosen for the first time. When they went out late at night, there were tens of thousands of people in the streets, dancing, laughing, crying of joy. It was of course clear that those people did not represent the well-off, well-fed class but rather people who had been neglected before in many ways. To my wife that night was an experience she will never forget, something we will never get out of our presidential elections.

Being in America on the night would have been an awesome experience. I watched it on television and felt the same vibe you say your wife and daughter experienced. Top quality media may well be the case, but I doubt they are unbiased and report only what fits their own agenda at the time.

ObamaCare has a lot of hidden agendas, such as the potential to raise a private army under the direct control of the President, as well as the reduction in civil liberties, nothing to do with helping the poor or anyone else for that matter, except Obama.

As for improving the lot of the poor and down trodden, here is a classic example:

In downtown Detroit, the streets are lined with abandoned hotels and swimming pools, ruined movie houses and schools, all evidence of the motor city's painful decline. The photographs of Yves Marchand and Romain Meffre capture what remains of a once-great city – and hint at the wider story of post-industrial America

I have always thought ObamaCare is a health care reform, but you see hidden agendas there like raising a private army or reduction in civil liberties. Are you really sure you find such issues under ObamaCare, or have you heard some other political rumours? Such rumours sound more like republican plans. Have a look at this website http://obamacarefacts.com/obamacare-facts/ , though it is probably run by an Obama organization.

Sorry, but I want to return back to Rita and Leora, I am more interested in them than in Obama, not even to speak about Scott Walker and his like.

I have always thought ObamaCare is a health care reform, but you see hidden agendas there like raising a private army or reduction in civil liberties. Are you really sure you find such issues under ObamaCare, or have you heard some other political rumours? Such rumours sound more like republican plans. Have a look at this website http://obamacarefacts.com/obamacare-facts/ , though it is probably run by an Obama organization.

Sorry, but I want to return back to Rita and Leora, I am more interested in them than in Obama, not even to speak about Scott Walker and his like.

Section 5210 from the ObamaCare bill starts:

H. R. 3590-496 (Page 496) SEC. 5210. ESTABLISHING A READY RESERVE CORPS.

Section 203 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S.C. 204) is amended to read as follows: "SEC. 203. COMMISSIONED CORPS AND READY RESERVE CORPS. "(a) ESTABLISHMENT.-

"(1) IN GENERAL.-There shall be in the Service a commissioned Regular Corps and a Ready Reserve Corps for service in time of national emergency.

"(2) REQUIREMENT.-All commissioned officers shall be citizens of the United States and shall be appointed without regard to the civil-service laws and compensated without regard to the Classification Act of 1923, as amended.

"(3) APPOINTMENT.-Commissioned officers of the Ready Reserve Corps shall be appointed by the President and commissioned officers of the Regular Corps shall be appointed by the President with

the advice and consent of the Senate.

"(4) ACTIVE DUTY.-Commissioned officers of the Ready Reserve Corps shall at all times be subject

to call to active duty by the Surgeon General, including active duty for the purpose of training.

"© PURPOSE AND USE OF READY RESEARCH.-

"(1) PURPOSE.-The purpose of the Ready Reserve Corps is to fulfill the need to have additional Commissioned Corps personnel available on short notice (similar to the uniformed service's reserve program) to assist regular Commissioned Corps personnel to meet both routine public health and emergency response missions.

"(2) USES.-The Ready Reserve Corps shall-

"(A) participate in routine training to meet the general and specific needs of the Commissioned

Corps;

"(B) be available and ready for involuntary calls to active duty during national emergencies

and public health crises, similar to the uniformed service reserve personnel;

"© be available for backfilling critical positions left vacant during deployment of active duty Commissioned Corps members, as well as for deployment to respond to public health emergencies, both foreign and domestic; and

"(D) be available for service assignment in isolated, hardship, and medically underserved communities (as defined in section 799B) to improve access to health services.

Thanks, it seems that I have misunderstood your term "a private army under the President". Now I can see that these corps are meant for national emergencies and public health crises. I guess most of the countries have such plans. In my country, I have a position in the national crisis corps, having certain responsibilities in acquiring and delivering food.

Obama is a bald face liar, that much we now know.  Much of what he has written in his books has been proven to be complete fabrications, and never actually happened.

Then of course he went on to lie to the American people about pretty much everything, including Obama Care.  And as far as Obama Care goes, he repeated this lie over and over again more than twenty five times about how you can keep your same health care insurance if you like, and how you can keep your same doctor and hospital if you like.  All of which was once again just one big lie.

And we who knew better, as we watched the Pied Piper crowd all chanting and clamoring around Mr. Hope and Change, are now hoping for a change that will once again restore this great country to what it once was before so many Democrats have done all that they could to dismantle it. 

And just what the fuck kind of name is Barrack Hussein Obama anyway?  That alone should have put most thinking people's guard up right from the start. 

Can never figured why they call their Healthcare Obamacare. Because Obama just doesn't care.

In Canada healthcare is Free for anyone that makes less than $25,000 annual gross income. In the States everyone has to pay premiums.

For some of the older people here.  You might remember in the classroom where they would have this collective picture of all the past presidents, with their portraits sitting side by side and all encased in these little ovals.  But now, if it still exist, there will be an interruption in this procession by a blackened silhouette?  A mere shadow, like a bad negative from a picture instead. 

http://farm9.static.flickr.com/8677/16440445039_51816db1b5_m.jpg

The Squirrel tried to teach me how to post a picture.  But I guess I'm a poor student.

But if you click it, it won't bite you.  My computer is HIV free.  No disgusting viruses or germs here.

post-14295-145739634466_thumb.jpg

Woodworker, I think Scott Walker is the man for you! I have heard that he has already started to study what countries there are in Europe. He is definitely my favourite among your republicans, you will have a great future with him!