Site speed & other issues?

Admin

Don't do nothing. It's just a  pictures threads because they are big files they open slowly. Basically that's all you need to know. I just assume we all have same problem and i think it's just nature of big files need to be load.My connection is symmetrical upload download 5MB/sec and i still need more than 30 sec to fully load all of this images. http://camcaps.net/index.php?topic=8230.570

It is what it is. The only solution is probably ask users to upload smaller files. But that is something i would not suggest.

You may be right but it seems that they load to a certain point and just stop.  I hate to say this but most of the ones that load and stop come from StnCld316.  Is it somehow related to him I wonder.  I don't know but it's frustrating as hell.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've tried that and it still didn't help.  I might as well forget looking at the pictures threads anymore.  It just started a little last night but now it is almost impossible to get the pictures to load.  Oh well

I had that same problem all last week.  Do you know what speed your ISP is supposed to be providing you with.

You may be right but it seems that they load to a certain point and just stop.  I hate to say this but most of the ones that load and stop come from StnCld316.  Is it somehow related to him I wonder.  I don't know but it's frustrating as hell.

I can make the resolution of my pictures smaller that's not a problem to do. instead of the usual 1280 x 720  I'll decrease it 800 x 600 and see if that clears it.

I don't know off the top of my head but everything else seems to be pretty fast.

I had that problem last week. My service was 50 MBPS and the ISP lowered my profile down to 5 MBPS or less and it made it impossible for viewing anything.

RLC the cams would always stop anytime someone made a sudden move. YouTube the Videos would stop and go constantly because they couldn't buffer fast enough.

I cancelled that service and found a new ISP and now everything is Ultra Fast pages and everything loads quick.

I had that problem last week. My service was 50 MBPS and the ISP lowered my profile down to 5 MBPS or less and it made it impossible for viewing anything.

RLC the cams would always stop anytime someone made a sudden move. YouTube the Videos would stop and go constantly because they couldn't buffer fast enough.

I cancelled that service and found a new ISP and now everything is Ultra Fast pages and everything loads quick.

I will contact my ISP and speak with them, maybe they are throttling me back.  Thanks for the help guys.

I will contact my ISP and speak with them, maybe they are throttling me back.  Thanks for the help guys.

Just ask them what speed your service is whether it be 5 MBPS or 50 MBPS or more.  You can check your speed you currently have at http://www.speedtest.net  to find you speed your currently running. If the needle don't get over 5 MBPS then chances are the ISP has throttled the Bandwidth.

Just ask them what speed your service is whether it be 5 MBPS or 50 MBPS or more.  You can check your speed you currently have at http://www.speedtest.net  to find you speed your currently running. If the needle don't get over 5 MBPS then chances are the ISP has throttled the Bandwidth.

By running that test it shows that I have a download speed of 29.82 Mbps and an upload speed of 11.49 Mbps.  I personally don't know if that is good or bad.  In any case CC has slowed for me, even going from one thread to another and the picture threads are useless now.

I called my ISP and they said that I'm a 100 Mbps customer but that my modem is old and out of date.  They said that when I get my new modem in the mail I will become a 150 Mbps customer.  I hope this helps and if not I guess CC just won't be what it used to be!

By running that test it shows that I have a download speed of 29.82 Mbps and an upload speed of 11.49 Mbps.  I personally don't know if that is good or bad.  In any case CC has slowed for me, even going from one thread to another and the picture threads are useless now.

I called my ISP and they said that I'm a 100 Mbps customer but that my modem is old and out of date.  They said that when I get my new modem in the mail I will become a 150 Mbps customer.  I hope this helps and if not I guess CC just won't be what it used to be!

The speed you posted should be fast enough.  I take it you're on Cable then with those speeds.  I have never known DSL get speeds that high.

Could be your modem since those cable modems are always on unless you unplug them.  If they're sending a new modem then it shouldn't take long to get that. They usually ship those by courier.  One last thing you might try is if your modem is cable unplug it and remove the cable from the modem for about 1 minute and then put the cable back on and plug it in then let the modem reboot itself.That should release any static charge in the cable line  That's about the only thing left that I can think of.  Then try that speedtest again and see if your speed goes any higher than the 29.82. Cause if they say your 100 MBPS that needle on speedtest should be pushing close to that limit.

The speed you posted should be fast enough.  I take it you're on Cable then with those speeds.  I have never known DSL get speeds that high.

Could be your modem since those cable modems are always on unless you unplug them.  If they're sending a new modem then it shouldn't take long to get that. They usually ship those by courier.  One last thing you might try is if your modem is cable unplug it and remove the cable from the modem for about 1 minute and then put the cable back on and plug it in then let the modem reboot itself.That should release any static charge in the cable line  That's about the only thing left that I can think of.  Then try that speedtest again and see if your speed goes any higher than the 29.82. Cause if they say your 100 MBPS that needle on speedtest should be pushing close to that limit.

Yes sir I am on cable.  The tech I spoke to said I should be getting a new modem in 3 business days.  I'll try what you said with unplugging the cable after I take my last dose of medicine.  I will report back after that.  Thanks for all your help SC, much appreciated.

The cable unplugging didn't make any difference.  I just hope this new modem will be the answer, if not my days on CC will be through as it won't be any fun reading the comments if I can't view the pictures they're related to.  It almost seems like CC is throttling my back because everything else is working fine.