Site speed & other issues?

Admin

I think the problem might be coming from the site they use to upload them to CC.

I take unplugging the cable thing didn't work either. That could be a possibility as those images are uploaded here so they sit on another server elsewhere.

I had that issue last week with the pictures taking a long time to load like I was feeling like I was dial up Internet again.  I switched providers and went with a faster speed than I had before and everything is fine with the new ISP. Only thing I don't like about is I have to take a static IP where my IP stays the same.  The last provider I had was a Dynamic IP and I could change the IP just by powering the modem off and back on again after a minute.

Did anything change with the numbers on the Speed Test

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take unplugging the cable thing didn't work either. That could be a possibility as those images are uploaded here so they sit on another server elsewhere.

I had that issue last week with the pictures taking a long time to load like I was feeling like I was dial up Internet again.  I switched providers and went with a faster speed than I had before and everything is fine with the new ISP. Only thing I don't like about is I have to take a static IP where my IP stays the same.  The last provider I had was a Dynamic IP and I could change the IP just by powering the modem off and back on again after a minute.

Did anything change with the numbers on the Speed Test

No, not really.  There was a slight change but not enough to speak of.  The only site that I am having problems with is cam caps, everything else is fast with pages and pictures loading with no problems.  I don't understand it.  Maybe someone is trying to tell me it's time to go lol.

No, not really.  There was a slight change but not enough to speak of.  The only site that I am having problems with is cam caps, everything else is fast with pages and pictures loading with no problems.  I don't understand it.  Maybe someone is trying to tell me it's time to go lol.

I don't think that's it.  It could possibly be the modem.  If they tell you your on 100 MBPS Service then that's what speedtest should be close to not at 29.

If your not getting the 100 MBPS then it's either the Modem malfunctioning or the ISP is throttling the Bandwidth. In Canada Throttling the Bandwidth is against the law. I don't know about whether it is in the USA or not.

I'll make a test page with 15 images on a page reduce the size of the resolution then have you try it and see if that makes a difference.

I don't think that's it.  It could possibly be the modem.  If they tell you your on 100 MBPS Service then that's what speedtest should be close to not at 29.

If your not getting the 100 MBPS then it's either the Modem malfunctioning or the ISP is throttling the Bandwidth. In Canada Throttling the Bandwidth is against the law. I don't know about whether it is in the USA or not.

I'll make a test page with 15 images on a page reduce the size of the resolution then have you try it and see if that makes a difference.

OK i'll wait to hear from you to try it.

OK here you go. (EDITED)

Didn't even hardly budge even with the smaller resolution.  When I had that issue last week they would load but it would take almost 2 minutes for the first picture to load up before it went to the next one.  All the rest of the site works fine for you except for the picture sections.

Didn't even hardly budge even with the smaller resolution.  When I had that issue last week they would load but it would take almost 2 minutes for the first picture to load up before it went to the next one.  All the rest of the site works fine for you except for the picture sections.

No sir, the whole site is slow going from room to room or thread to tread but nothing like the pictures threads!  Let's just wait and see what the new modem will do for me, and if it works then that will be great and if not, it's been nice knowing you SC!!

No sir, the whole site is slow going from room to room or thread to tread but nothing like the pictures threads!  Let's just wait and see what the new modem will do for me, and if it works then that will be great and if not, it's been nice knowing you SC!!

That's about all you can do is wait for the new modem and see what happens.  Just seems strange if the modem was malfunctioning it would be doing it on everything you do no matter what site your on.

That's about all you can do is wait for the new modem and see what happens.  Just seems strange if the modem was malfunctioning it would be doing it on everything you do no matter what site your on.

That's the logic I was trying to use and that is why it doesn't make any sense to me.  Thanks for all your help on the matter SC!!