Jump to content

R.I.P. Mohammed Ali


Timewarp
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Timewarp said:

You were the greatest. Dancing to your own drum, you were an inspiration to many.

Yes he was.  "float like a butterfly, sting like a bee".   He had some quotes didn't he lol.

 

Timewarp,

Did you make your badge you are using now?   If so, I use a macbook pro and was wondering if there was a program out there that would enable me to do the same thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HarleyFatboy said:

Yes he was.  "float like a butterfly, sting like a bee".   He had some quotes didn't he lol.

 

Timewarp,

Did you make your badge you are using now?   If so, I use a macbook pro and was wondering if there was a program out there that would enable me to do the same thing.

Actually I just found it online doing a search on the name.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I caught Ali at the end. Wide world of Sports in America it was free. Listening on transistor radio losing to Spinks, regaining title then that was it looking really bad after that. Of course I have seen many docs, footage and read about the Champ

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, kenny1940 said:

Also these tough heavyweights fought each other. The Heavyweight division is almost non existent now. Klistko has no one to face for like 8 yrs.

I'm not a big boxing fan anymore, ever sense Mohammed Ali and Sugar Ray and those guys left the sport, it just doesn't interest me anymore.    I'm into MMA now, love to watch those guys take a licking and keep on ticking!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, HarleyFatboy said:

I'm not a big boxing fan anymore, ever sense Mohammed Ali and Sugar Ray and those guys left the sport, it just doesn't interest me anymore.    I'm into MMA now, love to watch those guys take a licking and keep on ticking!

I stopped with boxing probably 90's, MMA I didn't make the transition. But I'm old school with Ken Shamrock and Horace Grace. Its all a little too much for me now punching each other, kicking. I do like the skill.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, kenny1940 said:

I stopped with boxing probably 90's, MMA I didn't make the transition. But I'm old school with Ken Shamrock and Horace Grace. Its all a little too much for me now punching each other, kicking. I do like the skill.

It's kind of an in the family thing for me.  My oldest brothers son is big time in to jujitsu and actually teaches it to people in our area.   He is the one responsible for getting me in to the sport.  You should see his garage, he has a mat that he won't tell me how much he paid for it, that covers his whole garage floor except the area where the speed bag and weights are.   He has a professional workout clock that cost a little over $600 and all the bags and catchers and light weight gloves and even the shoes lol.   My youngest brother is a beast (strong as a bull) and tries his heart out to submit my nephew only to fail over & over again.   We were over at his house one day and my nephews brother-n-law was over there.   His B-n-L is a puny kid but he has been trained well.  My brother said come on....lets get it on and for 3, 3 minute rounds and the B-n-L of my nephew said OK.  He had my brother tapping out in just a little over 1 minute.   My brother couldn't believe it and actually got pissed because this puny little guy whooped his ass LOL.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Never underestimate the little guy. He's had to protect himself all of his life. He'll dart under and around you before you see him move and then he is kicking your ass for real.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...