CC members age distribution

Noldus

CC members age distribution  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Several wondered CC members age distribution. Take part in this informal survey. Ends at Aug 1th.

• <-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50-59
    • 60-69
    • 70->
  2. 2. Sex

• M
    • F

This poll is closed to new votes

Mine was an Atari 800, second quarter after they were released. They outsold Apple 1s, and the techs at the computer store loved them because they did everything faster than the Apples and didn't come dead out of the box. I was forced to go with a demo, but booked it up to 48K ram for only $800 dollars. The cassette was a fucking pain -- we all hated that cloading time lag -- so one week later I bought a super-fast amazing spiffy floppy drive that held an astounding 88K for $400. I not only had the most powerful computer on the block, I had the only computer on the block.

It still boots.

There was a magazine called Softside that had code you could type in to various makes of computers so you could get free games. It supported TRS-80's, Atari's, Commodores, and Apples. That's how I learned BASIC. My printer was a $900 daisy wheel (noisy as hell) but I got a deal on the 300 baud modem for $70 which made BBSing possible. I doubt that post-Internet people here even know what a Bulletin Board Service was.

TRS 80's were pretty well regarded. They had a lot of good business software and were established early in the game.

Atari_800.jpg

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

Mine was an Atari 800, second quarter after they were released. They outsold Apple 1s, and the techs at the computer store loved them because they did everything faster than the Apples and didn't come dead out of the box. I was forced to go with a demo, but booked it up to 48K ram for only $800 dollars. The cassette was a fucking pain -- we all hated that cloading time lag -- so one week later I bought a super-fast amazing spiffy floppy drive that held an astounding 88K for $400. I not only had the most powerful computer on the block, I had the only computer on the block.

It still boots.

There was a magazine called Softside that had code you could type in to various makes of computers so you could get free games. It supported TRS-80's, Atari's, Commodores, and Apples. That's how I learned BASIC. My printer was a $900 daisy wheel (noisy as hell) but I got a deal on the 300 baud modem for $70 which made BBSing possible. I doubt that post-Internet people here even know what a Bulletin Board Service was.

TRS 80's were pretty well regarded. They had a lot of good business software and were established early in the game.

Atari_800.jpg  0   3.3 MB

That's a Relic.   They used to have another name for them.  I believe it was Coco or something along that line.