New here...few questions about RLC.

dipay

Hey, I'm new to all of this and I was surprised to find out that there is a massive forum to RLC, but I just want to know a few things to properly understand RLC and what it is.

1) How do they actually become tenants of RLC? What's the procedure?

2) Do the tenants know all the other tenants of RLC?

3) Do they know how many people are actually watching them at a time?

Those are the only questions I can think of off the top of my head right now...

Thanks guys, let me know :)

• Upvote 1

1) Although there have been supposed ads published in newspapers that have surfaced, all the ones I've seen in the English language have been hilarious fakes. Most likely, and logically, they obtain these apartments through the grapevine from friends and relatives. If you watch long enough, you will find that most of the St.Petersburg tenants attend or have attended the University; most of them are involved in music and theater; many of them often visit each other in their apartments. In Krasnoyarsk,  the situation is somewhat similar since three of the tenants (past & present) have all been hair stylists and long-term friends and/or relatives. Leora & Paul may be the exceptions since they don't have many guests (although CC members believe that Leora and Lina are cousins.) Except for Desiree & Raul, the Barcelona apartments are all involved in fashion, glamor events, modeling, and dancing. RLC has been branching out to other countries so much lately I don't bother to keep up with precise locations anymore. Other members can help you with the new ones.

2) Yes. They all know each other and probably check in with others in the project via Internet to see how others are getting along. I have that on very good authority, and it is one of the few things I actually allow myself to believe. It makes perfect sense that they would share a certain camaraderie since they are all members of a rather exclusive "club."

3) Once in a while I check out Internet analytics sites. They're merely estimates, but give an indication of traffic flows Try http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/reallifecam.com

-- A few of my cheap OPINIONS: There's a lot of smoke and mirrors about what goes on over there at RLC. You can't believe everything you hear on Camcaps, and you can't always believe what you see at RLC.

Now, for the SHAMELESS PLUG: A premium membership to CamCaps is $12 PER YEAR. You get access to posted links, gallery, and all sorts of archives, photos and videos. It's a good way to catch up on things you may have missed when you couldn't stare zombified at the RLC screen all day. Best of all, you can make a lot of Internet friends here and share stories, music, pictures and culture with people from around the world.

So feel free to explore around and don't be afraid to ask questions. The rules show up in the first section on the "Browse Forums" page. Have a blast and welcome to the zoo.

• Upvote 5

42 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

1) Although there have been supposed ads published in newspapers that have surfaced, all the ones I've seen in the English language have been hilarious fakes. Most likely, and logically, they obtain these apartments through the grapevine from friends and relatives. If you watch long enough, you will find that most of the St.Petersburg tenants attend or have attended the University; most of them are involved in music and theater; many of them often visit each other in their apartments. In Krasnoyarsk,  the situation is somewhat similar since three of the tenants (past & present) have all been hair stylists and long-term friends and/or relatives. Leora & Paul may be the exceptions since they don't have many guests (although CC members believe that Leora and Lina are cousins.) Except for Desiree & Raul, the Barcelona apartments are all involved in fashion, glamor events, modeling, and dancing. RLC has been branching out to other countries so much lately I don't bother to keep up with precise locations anymore. Other members can help you with the new ones.

2) Yes. They all know each other and probably check in with others in the project via Internet to see how others are getting along. I have that on very good authority, and it is one of the few things I actually allow myself to believe. It makes perfect sense that they would share a certain camaraderie since they are all members of a rather exclusive "club."

3) Once in a while I check out Internet analytics sites. They're merely estimates, but give an indication of traffic flows Try http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/reallifecam.com

-- A few of my cheap OPINIONS: There's a lot of smoke and mirrors about what goes on over there at RLC. You can't believe everything you hear on Camcaps, and you can't always believe what you see at RLC.

Now, for the SHAMELESS PLUG: A premium membership to CamCaps is $12 PER YEAR. You get access to posted links, gallery, and all sorts of archives, photos and videos. It's a good way to catch up on things you may have missed when you couldn't stare zombified at the RLC screen all day. Best of all, you can make a lot of Internet friends here and share stories, music, pictures and culture with people from around the world.

So feel free to explore around and don't be afraid to ask questions. The rules show up in the first section on the "Browse Forums" page. Have a blast and welcome to the zoo.

Very good and accurate recap of RLC and the apartments.  And the shameless plug is very appropriate.  $12 is a great price for what is gleaned from this site once you get to know people!  

Nice read as I forget some of the ties when looking at the cams - even if I knew them before.

• Upvote 5

Also, esteemed Initiates to the Loyal Order of the CamCaps Organization (That's LOCO for short), that if you get into the archives, the term "N&K" will refer to Nora & Kiko, founding tenants who still occasionally appear. (Nora is historically referred to here as the "Queen," although for some new members, she has been deposed since she's pretty much gone.) Now days, when newer people refer to N&K, they are talking about Nina & Kira, who are both attractive and talented and well liked here, despite the fact that they don't make love with male squirrels. :biggrin:

Unfortunately, we only have two veteran pets who have official names: Maya's dog (Qualude) and Leora's dog (Scooter). At one time it was handy to have names for the pets, since there were only 5 apartments in the olden days and they were often the only living things available to watch. Fortunately, everyone had a cat, the most famous of all time was Meerkat. Look for his exploits in the archives.

• Upvote 8

10 hours ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

Also, esteemed Initiates to the Loyal Order of the CamCaps Organization (That's LOCO for short), that if you get into the archives, the term "N&K" will refer to Nora & Kiko, founding tenants who still occasionally appear. (Nora is historically referred to here as the "Queen," although for some new members, she has been deposed since she's pretty much gone.) Now days, when newer people refer to N&K, they are talking about Nina & Kira, who are both attractive and talented and well liked here, despite the fact that they don't make love with male squirrels. :biggrin:

Unfortunately, we only have two veteran pets who have official names: Maya's dog (Qualude) and Leora's dog (Scooter). At one time it was handy to have names for the pets, since there were only 5 apartments in the olden days and they were often the only living things available to watch. Fortunately, everyone had a cat, the most famous of all time was Meerkat. Look for his exploits in the archives.

Good Morning MR. F.T. Squirrel...Yes by all means don't forget our buddy 'MEERCAT'.  :heart:

I really miss that cat. AS well as baby face Lora.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

Thank you sooooo much for this! Yeah I defo feel like I understand a bit better of what this RLC thing actually is!!

::):biggrin:

• Upvote 2