Question

Brusshless

The guys who are expert at posting videos post them to MediaFire. Works brilliantly. I don't know how to do it but many members do. Hopefully they will advise you.

I have not been able to view anything from MediaFire.  It locks me up every time.  Any suggestions??

Guest Squirrel

The guys who are expert at posting videos post them to MediaFire. Works brilliantly. I don't know how to do it but many members do. Hopefully they will advise you.

I have not been able to view anything from MediaFire.  It locks me up every time.  Any suggestions??

1) If you can successfully download but can't view files, load up another viewing program. I've found VLC (free) handles just about everything for both Linux or Win.

2) Does your country BLOCK MediaFire? (I say this because my government blocks some sites and records everyone's activities.

3) Does your computer's firewall, adware, browser or other condomware BLOCK some sites? (I say this because I run both Linux and Win systems, and have no problem with downloads or viewing them. Don't know about Macs...good luck and keep trying...)

I have McAfee Internet Security and it blocks lots of adult downloads  .  It does not like loading or using these free video streaming programs  .  They are like most other free sites  ,.... too much tag along stuff you don't want and sometimes extremely difficult to remove from the registry because they are listed under maybe 6 names .I like Norton better  . I know a guy who works for the federal gov. internet security and he says that most viruses come from China and Russia now and they never use McAfee or Norton .  They use Chinese and Russian anti-virus programs  .  He said he used Kaspersky the most , partly because its about the best and also because he uses it at work and understands how it works  .  They have home versions and commercial versions  ,

Guest Squirrel

I usually use AVG or Avast! on my Windows machines. The big commercial products hog too much processor time and bog the system down even more than the OS does, and I'm working cheap. As for Linux, well, I now use it the most because it's just plain faster and cleaner for most procedures. You can, of course, dual install Ubuntu Linux alongside a Win system; and that might help with speed, data corruption, and blocking problems... (Chrome & Firebox work fine with Ubuntu -- IE really is, well, primitive and has a history of being dangerous...) As I said, good luck with the problem because it's definitely one of your settings. Whichever road you take let us know how you solved it.