Isabel & Marcelo Pictures

English is my second language and i like to think i have come a long way in my 11 years of being in America in understanding the language and how to speak and type it and i noticed that too...but at the same time its not my place to say anything becuz looking back at all the stuff i post probably including this one i know ive made tons of mistakes but then again i see it like this no matter how you state your opinions or anything you put on this forum unless a moderator says something to you who cares lol....hell when i post something the last thing i care about is commas, period, or paragraphs my writing is not hard to understand it dosnt take rocket science to know what others is saying and to me people is just wanting to be an asshole when they point small stuff out like incorrect spelling or etc. When they know damn well they understood what the person was trying to say....Now keep in mind this is not directed towards anybody particular im just expressing my thoughts on what ive seen throughout my time on this forum just like everybody else do

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

English is my second language and i like to think i have come a long way in my 11 years of being in America in understanding the language and how to speak and type it and i noticed that too...but at the same time its not my place to say anything becuz looking back at all the stuff i post probably including this one i know ive made tons of mistakes but then again i see it like this no matter how you state your opinions or anything you put on this forum unless a moderator says something to you who cares lol....hell when i post something the last thing i care about is commas, period, or paragraphs my writing is not hard to understand it dosnt take rocket science to know what others is saying and to me people is just wanting to be an asshole when they point small stuff out like incorrect spelling or etc. When they know damn well they understood what the person was trying to say....Now keep in mind this is not directed towards anybody particular im just expressing my thoughts on what ive seen throughout my time on this forum just like everybody else do

Welcome to North America. I screw up English spelling and grammar all the time, too, and my ancestors starting showing up in the 1620's. English is quite different from "Continental" languages: English has had to survive quite a hardship after years of suppression under the Normans, and has experienced many changes since. It has a tolerance regarding word order and gender. In fact, most everything you type in English can be understood by English speakers. It's a flexible, contextual language.

However, if you are a native English speaker, and other people know it, they will chide you for misspellings in order to explain that you are a stupid, less educated person. It's kinda like an intellectual version of "my dick is bigger than yours," jousting match.

If you are not a native speaker, they will usually give you a break -- you're smart enough to have mastered your native language, and are attempting to learn English. That takes work, and is worthy of respect.

You've done well. Keep up the fine work, and perhaps you'll be able to get a job teaching English to our grade school kids here where decent English teachers are in short supply.

It's a wonderful language. I am lucky to have been born with it.

Sorry,

blaa blaa blaa.

This is the picture thread!  ;)

Welcome to North America. I screw up English spelling and grammar all the time, too, and my ancestors starting showing up in the 1620's. English is quite different from "Continental" languages: English has had to survive quite a hardship after years of suppression under the Normans, and has experienced many changes since. It has a tolerance regarding word order and gender. In fact, most everything you type in English can be understood by English speakers. It's a flexible, contextual language.

However, if you are a native English speaker, and other people know it, they will chide you for misspellings in order to explain that you are a stupid, less educated person. It's kinda like an intellectual version of "my dick is bigger than yours," jousting match.

If you are not a native speaker, they will usually give you a break -- you're smart enough to have mastered your native language, and are attempting to learn English. That takes work, and is worthy of respect.

You've done well. Keep up the fine work, and perhaps you'll be able to get a job teaching English to our grade school kids here where decent English teachers are in short supply.

It's a wonderful language. I am lucky to have been born with it.

Sorry,

blaa blaa blaa.

This is the picture thread!  ;)

So, where is your picture?

Man. I was all ready to jump on Peter25, then I see that's the Squirrel that I should have ragged on. :)

dmizzle26, you're doing damned good. But Squirrel is correct, we are just picking for fun. Depending on the forum base, if a person is born into the U.S. or Canada and was raised with the English language, they should make every effort to add the comma's, periods, grammar, spelling, etc... If you are born into an English speaking family, your use of the language does show your level of intelligence to a degree.

Do I expect everyone to know or learn English? Hell no. That would be ridiculous. However, should a person from a foreign land come to America to live, I do expect him/her to learn the language and customs of the country in which they choose to reside.

If I were to move to Mexico or Cuba or South America, I would have to learn Spanish just to survive. They, however are afforded the opportunity to come to my country and demand that I speak Spanish. This to me, is bullshit.

Assimilate to the language and customs of your chosen country. Don't expect that country to abide by your base customs, language and religion.

Keep it up my friend.

"It's a wonderful language. I am lucky to have been born with it."

Bullshit! it the worst language on the planet with the exception of a few jungle tribes that click & whistle. First of all, the sentence structure is ass-backwards from everything else, so even if a translator manages to get the words right. it puts them in an order that confuses the rest of the world. Secondly, 90% of "English" is made up of foreign words & slang. Then we massacre the pronunciation so bad that even those who speak the original language don't know what the words mean.

I applaud anyone who learns English as a second language well enough to communicate in it.

Guest dabottom

Thank you for your comments, Ill keep my spelling (typing) graphs , pics and video to my self and leave everything else to you educated pervs .

Man. I was all ready to jump on Peter25, then I see that's the Squirrel that I should have ragged on. :)

dmizzle26, you're doing damned good. But Squirrel is correct, we are just picking for fun. Depending on the forum base, if a person is born into the U.S. or Canada and was raised with the English language, they should make every effort to add the comma's, periods, grammar, spelling, etc... If you are born into an English speaking family, your use of the language does show your level of intelligence to a degree.

Do I expect everyone to know or learn English? Hell no. That would be ridiculous. However, should a person from a foreign land come to America to live, I do expect him/her to learn the language and customs of the country in which they choose to reside.

If I were to move to Mexico or Cuba or South America, I would have to learn Spanish just to survive. They, however are afforded the opportunity to come to my country and demand that I speak Spanish. This to me, is bullshit.

Assimilate to the language and customs of your chosen country. Don't expect that country to abide by your base customs, language and religion.

Keep it up my friend.

I understand where you and everybdy else is coming from...im working real hard on presenting my english better in the Dominican Republic we learned alot of english because alot of english speaking reside there learning English is alot harder then some people think i feel blessed to be able to speak and write as good as i do i became a official US citizen last year and i do say i appreciate this country and language very much

Guest Squirrel

dmizzle26:

Congratulations. We need you here. Most of the native citizens are now useless assholes who appreciate nothing except free stuff. New blood is always welcome.

I appreciate learning English as a first language for the same reasons of which Trickshot spoke. It's a pain in the ass to learn. I'd prefer the language of Anglo-Saxon tribes. Less vocabulary; no silent vowels or consonants, and a pig is a pig both in the pig pen or on the dinner table.

Now, I'd better start posting tits & ass or Moose is gonna get mad and beat me with a hockey stick...