when i used to drink i drank genesee cream ale. my favorite was another genesee called 1 horse ale. my next favorite were the canadian brews: molson, old vienna, labatt's. i no longer drink at all so i don't know if they are even made anymore. but a popular american beer that i found to be horrible was budweiser. not only did it taste terrible but i drank it at a friends new years eve party once & spent the entire next day hungover. i never understood why it was popular.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

What I dont get Ash why call a beer light? I tasted Miller and Bud light and they were all horrible. I was really glad when I found a restaurant in San Francisco which had at least Austrian beer :biggrin: 

Light beer here is lower in calories and alcohol content, It ends up being watery and shitty tasting for the most part. Thats what some people want here, so the beer companies gladly oblige them.

• Upvote 1

Just now, ashleyxyz said:

Light beer here is lower in calories and alcohol content, It ends up being watery and shitty tasting for the most part. Thats what some people want here, so the beer companies gladly oblige them.

We have a law here in Germany for brewing beer. It goes back to the year 1516. So I think that "beer" you describe would be not allowed for selling here :biggrin: 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, golfer06 said:

when i used to drink i drank genesee cream ale. my favorite was another genesee called 1 horse ale. my next favorite were the canadian brews: molson, old vienna, labatt's. i no longer drink at all so i don't know if they are even made anymore. but a popular american beer that i found to be horrible was budweiser. not only did it taste terrible but i drank it at a friends new years eve party once & spent the entire next day hungover. i never understood why it was popular.

Those beers are all still around. Iv'e had Labatt Blue on tap, and i thought it was good! Budweiser is just total crap like you said. Why did you give up drinking, if i'm not to nosy to ask.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

We have a law here in Germany for brewing beer. It goes back to the year 1516. So I think that "beer" you describe would be not allowed for selling here :biggrin: 

Haha, It's against the law to sell Coors light in Germany, it should be against the law everywhere! You guys have hundreds of years head start on U.S. to perfect your beer. Germans like their beer room temperature iv'e read, the colder the beer here, the better, i guess to kill some of the taste in a lot of them.

• Upvote 1

Haha, It's against the law to sell Coors light in Germany, it should be against the law everywhere! You guys have hundreds of years head start on U.S. to perfect your beer. Germans like their beer room temperature iv'e read, the colder the beer here, the better, i guess to kill some of the taste in a lot of them.

Room temperature is a lil too warm for me. I like it quite cold actually. But there are some people who like it warmer.

4 minutes ago, ashleyxyz said:

Those beers are all still around. Iv'e had Labatt Blue on tap, and i thought it was good! Budweiser is just total crap like you said. Why did you give up drinking, if i'm not to nosy to ask.

i drank enough beer for a few lifetimes & it no longer did the job of making me feel good anymore and money got tighter. also my daughter had substance abuse problems & it was a good time to give it up. although i did try other drugs over the years i mainly drank beer & smoked weed virtually all the time. but over the years my favorite was lsd. nothing could compare to an acid trip.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, golfer06 said:

i drank enough beer for a few lifetimes & it no longer did the job of making me feel good anymore and money got tighter. also my daughter had substance abuse problems & it was a good time to give it up. although i did try other drugs over the years i mainly drank beer & smoked weed virtually all the time. but over the years my favorite was lsd. nothing could compare to an acid trip.

Never tried drugs other than alcohol...

5 minutes ago, ashleyxyz said:

and yes. coors light was bad.

3 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

Never tried drugs other than alcohol...

weed was fine. it should be legal everywhere. but it will make you lazy. but it's much safer than alcohol. the u.s. is so far behind in their drug laws it is ridiculous. washington politicians don't have a clue & don't listen to anything except $ needed for their re-election. they are totally useless.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, golfer06 said:

You're a good father, drinking is really the same as doing drugs, and that would be a bad example for your daughter, hope she doing well.  LSD would be too much for me too handle i'm sure, i'll stick with drinking and weed. How did you like sex after smoking weed, to me there is nothing better

• Upvote 1

You're a good father, drinking is really the same as doing drugs, and that would be a bad example for your daughter, hope she doing well.  LSD would be too much for me too handle i'm sure, i'll stick with drinking and weed. How did you like sex after smoking weed, to me there is nothing better

Well I dont drink much. I just drink sometimes becasue I like the taste of it not because of the alcohol.