How I spent my Saturday!

HarleyFatboy

Let the deer sausage making begin....and some pork sausage also!

First off you have to mix the ingredients......this video was just one mixing of pork, deer, mustard seed, sausage seasoning, and lots and lots of jalapenos.

IMG_3936.MOV

Secondly you have to stuff the mixed up sausage into casings.

fullsizeoutput_2d2.movfullsizeoutput_2d2.mov

Next you put the stuffed sausage in to the cooler until that batch is done.

IMG_3940.JPG

Next off to the smoker.

IMG_3952.JPG

After the smoking process it's time to hang it so it can cool before wrapping.......regular hot and jalapeno cheese.

IMG_3954.JPG

IMG_3957.JPG

In the mean time there is sausage cooking for the taste test.

IMG_3943.JPG

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

Damn man that is a shit load, I think I will have a little rope sausage for supper now :biggrin:

That is a lot Thes but we made more than that last year and the 3 years before.  So much that we had to start on Friday and finish on Saturday lol.  It does seem like a lot but when you have 5 family's involved, it's only a little over 100 lbs per family.  Of course those numbers aren't exact because some guys shoot more deer and more hogs than other guys so the amounts are different per each family but I was just giving an average per say.

Damn that looks good!  I'm South African and long tradition there of making sausage that looks similar called 'Boerewors' literally translates as 'Farmer's Sausage' which is traditionally beef and pork, sometimes lamb as well.

Also, not the kind of sausage I normally see when I log in to Camcaps ...

22 minutes ago, Robbo56 said:

Damn that looks good!  I'm South African and long tradition there of making sausage that looks similar called 'Boerewors' literally translates as 'Farmer's Sausage' which is traditionally beef and pork, sometimes lamb as well.

Also, not the kind of sausage I normally see when I log in to Camcaps ...

It was outstanding Robbo56.  We made 6 batches that had Jalapenos and Habanero peppers in them and they were outstanding.....very flavorful in deed!  I don't know exactly what we should call deer and pork sausage.........maybe "hunters sausage", but at any rate, it's delicious!!!

As for the sausage you see when you login to CC......I can't help you there brother.  I could care less about seeing another mans sausage!!

Have a good night...

9 hours ago, HarleyFatboy said:

As for the sausage you see when you login to CC......I can't help you there brother.  I could care less about seeing another mans sausage!!

I'm with you there. I'm only interested in the buns that you put the sausage into :cool:

• Like 1