Condensed VHTV Forum

Newly Condensed VHTV Forum  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Like or Dislike the Condensed Forum ?

• I like the Condensed Version of the Forum
    • I Dislike the Condensed Version of the Forum

This poll is closed to new votes

As many will notice the Forum for VHTV has been Condensed.  All the Apartments can be seen in One Board without all the Excessive Scrolling.

The Layout is easy to follow.

1) When there is Content Placed in the Apartment Topics the Apartment will Appear in Bold Text and be Highlighted.

2) Clicking the Highlighted Apartment will Open the Apartment Board where all Topics for that Apartment will Appear.

3) Once the Topics can be seen the Topic that is Highlighted will have Content that has been Posted and will have a Blue Circle or a Blue Star on the Left Side of the Topic.

4) A Blue Circle means the Topic has Content but the Member has Never made a Post in that Topic. Clicking the Blue Circle will take the Member to last Post where they were at Previously.

A Blue Star means the Member has made Posts in that Topic. Clicking the Blue Star will take the Member to the Last Post where they were at Previously.

There is a Poll where Members can show whether they Like or Dislike the Condensed Version of the Forum.

If a Member wishes to Provide any Feedback Please use the Comment Section Below.

Thanks

StnCld316 - Forum Admin.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, StnCld316 said:

As many will notice the Forum for VHTV has been Condensed.  All the Apartments can be seen in One Board without all the Excessive Scrolling.

The Layout is easy to follow.

1) When there is Content Placed in the Apartment Topics the Apartment will Appear in Bold Text and be Highlighted.

2) Clicking the Highlighted Apartment will Open the Apartment Board where all Topics for that Apartment will Appear.

3) Once the Topics can be seen the Topic that is Highlighted will have Content that has been Posted and will have a Blue Circle or a Blue Star on the Left Side of the Topic.

4) A Blue Circle means the Topic has Content but the Member has Never made a Post in that Topic. Clicking the Blue Circle will take the Member to last Post where they were at Previously.

A Blue Star means the Member has made Posts in that Topic. Clicking the Blue Star will take the Member to the Last Post where they were at Previously.

There is a Poll where Members can show whether they Like or Dislike the Condensed Version of the Forum.

If a Member wishes to Provide any Feedback Please use the Comment Section Below.

Thanks

StnCld316 - Forum Admin.

Useful explanation from StnCld. :lightbulb:

Overall, I prefer the condensed style, so much better when using smaller portable devices but of no benefit with a 4K screen where the majority fitted before. That said the biggest downside is that there is no direct access to the last page/post from the condensed list. I would prefer that the small circle/star to the left of those in bold on the condensed page takes you to the last page/post for the primary discussion thread and clicking on the name of the Apartment takes you to the Apartment Board. This would match the functionality of the previous expanded display when using the link underneath the main apartment name. Without this option there will always be two clicks to get to the last page/post of the main discussion thread.

I note that you can always revert to the original expanded style display for the apartments only (i.e. no VHTV or Archive) by clicking on the title in the condensed display and then subsequently using that URL to access the forums.

Interesting that the poll is showing the voting split equally at the time of writing so I anticipate an interesting and lively debate/discussion/argument :angel::biggrin:

I find it to be a little more user friendly especially the function of the star/circle taking you to the last point you have read on that specific board, it saves having to spend time trying to figure out the last post you read even if it is several pages back. All in all I think it is a good improvment.

My only issue with this new "version" is that i use a bookmark: (now)  https://camcaps.net/forums/forum/409-voyeur-housetv-28-online-apartments/ to view the section and click on the link that lead me to "last post read" of each house.. with the condensed version to visit the houses will have to do a lot more clicks to each one... And with that bookmark i use the general discussion post is left outside 

• Like 1

When clicking on a Highlighted Apartment Brings you to the Topics Page. Above the Topics is the Title for the Apartments. Just click the name within the Topic Page the  Topic Page where the name is to the Left showing Discussion Thread.

23 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

When clicking on a Highlighted Apartment Brings you to the Topics Page. Above the Topics is the Title for the Apartments. Just click the name within the Topic Page the  Topic Page where the name is to the Left showing Discussion Thread.

Yes, that's one point i focused.. If i'm not using that bookmark, will have to do more clicks to visit the "atual" section for each house.. it's not so direct.. ( you have to click in the house chosen and then inside choose the "post")
But using the bookmark ( https://camcaps.net/forums/forum/409-voyeur-housetv-28-online-apartments/  - Voyeur-House.TV (28 Online Apartments)) go direct to the "old structure" - Without general discussion and old houses. The only issue (for me) is the general discussion section  that is now "outside" the apartments lists  (but that's not a big deal)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sparkles said:

Yes, that's one point i focused.. If i'm not using that bookmark, will have to do more clicks to visit the "atual" section for each house.. it's not so direct.. ( you have to click in the house chosen and then inside choose the "post")
But using the bookmark ( https://camcaps.net/forums/forum/409-voyeur-housetv-28-online-apartments/  - Voyeur-House.TV (28 Online Apartments)) go direct to the "old structure" - Without general discussion and old houses. The only issue (for me) is the general discussion section  that is now "outside" the apartments lists  (but that's not a big deal)

OK I see what your saying now. The General Discussion Topic can be moved into the List of Apartments if that makes it easier.  Everything is Drag & Drop for Myself so it's not a Problem to move the Location of the General Discussion Topic.

• Like 1

Just now, StnCld316 said:

OK I see what your saying now. The General Discussion Topic can be moved into the List of Apartments if that makes it easier.  Everything is Drag & Drop for Myself so it's not a Problem to move the Location of the General Discussion Topic.

Don't know if it's a "problem" for others or not.. Because don't know if people use the forum the same way i do (with a direct bookmark to VH online apartments)..  and i understand the split in 3 
Let see other opinions  about this and if it's a issue for others or not 

Just now, Sparkles said:

Don't know if it's a "problem" for others or not.. Because don't know if people use the forum the same way i do (with a direct bookmark to VH online apartments)..  and i understand the split in 3 
Let see other opinions  about this and if it's a issue for others or not 

Will just play it by ear for now and if that needs to moved later then it can be done.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

This was the point I was trying to make in my earlier post (https://camcaps.net/forums/topic/11122-condensed-vhtv-forum/?do=findComment&comment=1635287509).

My alternative suggestion was to retain the style but make use of the circle/dot preceding the bold entries on the condensed page to go direct to the last post and the apartment title to go to the topic, thereby combining the functionality of the previous style with the condensed layout.