KARMA SYSTEM IS S*** (apologies to admin)

Guest NL Forever

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn. You mean we have others with culture around here. Love the classics. My wife comes home from work and heads right for the sound system to turn it off. She likes that twangy country shit.

Hey Squirrel, that girl is hot. It looks like she was just with me. It brought tears to her eyes from gagging. That's friggin hot.

Compose a Baroque piece for a pipe organ and I'll play it for you. Although I do like some French Romantic, but that's too slow. I like really bright pieces. That's why Bach was one of the extreme masters. It's up to the performer to interpret the composition correctly.

Mozart, Mendelssohn, Bartók and many others composed pieces meant for various instruments, depending on the variation of the piece itself.

Guest Squirrel

Whelp Nij & TBG150, that was very off topic. -1 for both of you.

I might give you good karma if you post your renditions of Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor, however.

Bach used this to test out the power of organs.

Be sure to have Leora, Isabel and Nora with you when you do it, and post the video. You (and they) could turn it into a thrilling performance...

for the uneducated (crank it up!): J.S. Bach - Toccata and Fugue in D minor BWV 565

Beautiful vid Squirrel. Steven Tharp playing what I think is the Cathedral at San Sulpice in Paris, France. Though not sure on either one. I've been out of it for a long while now.

WTF? Half way through they cut it and went to another Nig ad for shoes. It was bad enough to suffer through the first one.

Search YouTube for Diane Bish, The Joy of Music and see the beautiful Ruffatti Organ at the Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church. I played that one about 8 or 9 years ago. Magnificent. Also search out Virgil Fox, one of the greatest of out time, though the vids pretty much suck, they were all taking from 8&16mm movies and remastered.

Right now I have a baby one in the house. Figures. Pics of it are on the laptop.