Let's bitch about our country's media here. All countries.

I'm not talking just about US media. I am talking about every nation's media. Do you trust your government to let them tell you what the truth is; do you trust anything you hear anywhere? Do you trust others to dictate what can be said, and what cannot be said? Are they politically correct while being illogical?  Are any of your news commentators so sexy you cream in your panties? Do they have an IQ or do you know if they are even humans? Or are all of them Max and Mini Headroom, mere high-tech creations? Can you say whatever you want to say if someone gives you a microphone?

b_230989.jpg

On 7/5/2018 at 9:39 PM, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

I'm not talking just about US media. I am talking about every nation's media. Do you trust your government to let them tell you what the truth is; do you trust anything you hear anywhere? Do you trust others to dictate what can be said, and what cannot be said? Are they politically correct while being illogical?  Are any of your news commentators so sexy you cream in your panties? Do they have an IQ or do you know if they are even humans? Or are all of them Max and Mini Headroom, mere high-tech creations? Can you say whatever you want to say if someone gives you a microphone?

b_230989.jpg  0   74.08 kB

I would be interested to learn your opinions on what you believe is " fake news"  and what is real news.  If you could explain why you feel that way would help move the topic forward. Let's do it!

On 7/7/2018 at 3:37 PM, rammer said:

I would be interested to learn your opinions on what you believe is " fake news"  and what is real news.  If you could explain why you feel that way would help move the topic forward. Let's do it!

Just the facts, Ma'am. Just the facts.

All else, based upon opinion or especially relating to political or religious opinions, or facts skewed by an opinion or omitted through such opinions, are political propaganda of the worst sort. The reporter should report the who, when, where. The why's should be left for editorial columns. It would also be nice if reporters did their own research, instead of pasting and copying work that was issued by their favorite political party's headquarters.

BS meters should start pegging out when a news consumer hears speeches and comments that contain ambiguous words and inflammatory emotional rhetoric that are tied together with logical fallacies and irrelevant premises.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

Just the facts, Ma'am. Just the facts.

All else, based upon opinion or especially relating to political or religious opinions, or facts skewed by an opinion or omitted through such opinions, are political propaganda of the worst sort. The reporter should report the who, when, where. The why's should be left for editorial columns. It would also be nice if reporters did their own research, instead of pasting and copying work that was issued by their favorite political party's headquarters.

BS meters should start pegging out when a news consumer hears speeches and comments that contain ambiguous words and inflammatory emotional rhetoric that are tied together with logical fallacies and irrelevant premises.

Reporters should also used named sources for their for their information,so that those sources can be questioned by other news reporters.I'm tired of all the negative stories coming out against President Trump that are based upon anonymous sources. I'm beginning to believe that many of those sources don't even exist.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

Reporters should also used named sources for their for their information,so that those sources can be questioned by other news reporters.I'm tired of all the negative stories coming out against President Trump that are based upon anonymous sources. I'm beginning to believe that many of those sources don't even exist.

Just ask Soros. He knows.

In my opinion, there is a point where anonymity can be useful, if it is vetted and is the only possible source of critically needed information that would "wrap up the case" by leading to valuable independent evidence that could be presented in a public court of law.

Everything else is most likely 100% bullshit propaganda containing no verifiable data. But usually I think the tool of anonymity is used because reporters are too lazy to do the foot work; making stuff up because they wanted to be paperback novelists anyway; or are influenced by their political, familiar, or social contacts. Or money. Or ratings.

"My anonymous sources told me," has always existed on both sides of a question. It's a tool. It's politics.

• Like 1

The media for the mo st part in this country is  biased one way or the other. Most people dont watch news to find out whats happening, they tune in to news they want to hear. Which is pro Trump or anti Trump. I used to tune in to CNN to see what was going on in the world, but not anymore. Like tonights supreme court nominee reactions, is anyone surprised by the predictable "reporting"  on this guy from Fox, CNN ,or MSNBC?  No matter who the nominee was, they all would be saying the same things. Even the sites that report on what's true or a lie in the news are biased. I'm pretty sure it's the same all over the world. People don't watch the media to get news, they watch to reinforce their already made up minds on any topic that's being discussed that day. Pretty damn sad

• Like 2