RLC premium and prepaid cards

bryann109

I'm trying to purchase a RLC premium membership with a prepaid visa debit card. But no matter which payment option I choose, the Segpay page says the transaction is declined and does not say why. My card info is correct and plenty of money in it. Are prepaid cards simply not accepted? I don't want to use my real debit card. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

The thing with Prepaid Credit Cards you Purchase at the Retailer is they are Non-Reloadable.  Since RLC likes collecting on a Recurring Monthly Basis makes the Prepaid Card almost impossible to use.  I don't see why they do that as if the funds are not there when the Renewal comes along then the Members Account is Disabled or Cancelled.

Prepaid Cards work fine on Cam Caps as Memberships are on a Non- Recurring basis.  It's up to the Member to Renew their Membership when they see their Previous Membership has expired.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bryann109 said:

I'm trying to purchase a RLC premium membership with a prepaid visa debit card. But no matter which payment option I choose, the Segpay page says the transaction is declined and does not say why. My card info is correct and plenty of money in it. Are prepaid cards simply not accepted? I don't want to use my real debit card. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Some prepaid cards are only good in the US.  You need to see if that is the case with your prepaid card.  Some are good for international use and some are not and I'm willing to bet that yours is not.  However.....it probably saved you from a lot of disappointment and heartache!!  Good luck in any case.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HarleyFatboy said:

Some prepaid cards are only good in the US.  You need to see if that is the case with your prepaid card.

Just checked and yes, it's US only... didn't notice that before.

*sigh* Oh well, thanks for the responses anyway.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bryann109 said:

Just checked and yes, it's US only... didn't notice that before.

*sigh* Oh well, thanks for the responses anyway.

At least you can use the card on any Purchases you make at any Retailer or Grocers.  The only thing that comes at a loss with those Cards is the Activation Fees at the Time of Purchase.

• 10 months later...
On 7/22/2018 at 2:53 AM, StnCld316 said:

At least you can use the card on any Purchases you make at any Retailer or Grocers.  The only thing that comes at a loss with those Cards is the Activation Fees at the Time of Purchase.

Most U.S. banks do not automatically approve international purchases especially from Europe. You need to call your bank and have them "unblock" your card for international purchases. But you have to make your international purchase generally within 24 hours. Every time I need to renew my RLC membership or add new points I have to contact my bank and have them unblock my Visa debit card. Apain in the ass but oh well...those are the rules!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DWI said:

Most U.S. banks do not automatically approve international purchases especially from Europe. You need to call your bank and have them "unblock" your card for international purchases. But you have to make your international purchase generally within 24 hours. Every time I need to renew my RLC membership or add new points I have to contact my bank and have them unblock my Visa debit card. Apain in the ass but oh well...those are the rules!

Starting next Month the UK is rolling out with their Age Verification Nonsense.  That will likely be a Pain in the Ass for quite a few.

• Like 2