B2 Girls on Vacation - General Topic November #1

6 minutes ago, HarleyFatboy said:

LOL i'm a home owner and do all the repairs myself unless an act of mother nature occurs and I have to call for help or i'm just unable to do it anymore like I am at this point in my life and I can assure you that I have no electrician, plumbing, carpentry, flooring, gas installation, or any other kind of licenses and I have done all my wiring for any projects in my homes and all the plumbing including changing out electric and gas water heaters and i've never used a fitter with a license for any of it.  Hell, I have a couple of different places in the country that use gas for the heating of hot water and have replaced those hot water heaters many times over the years and never used a licensed fitter for any of it.  I guess if you are one of those kind of people that are afraid to do your own maintenance, you might have to call a plumber or gas fitter with a license.  In closing with this post, I'll bet you $100 dollars that the hot water heater in B2 is an electric hot water heater!!

I do all of my own maintenance work including electrical.  But gas carries an incredible liability and the potential to kill everyone around you if something goes wrong.  To say nothing of venting the exhaust once through the appliance.  If caught, you will not be insured.  The fire marshal will cut off your gas and so will the gas company.

4 minutes ago, maxfactor said:

I do all of my own maintenance work including electrical.  But gas carries an incredible liability and the potential to kill everyone around you if something goes wrong.  To say nothing of venting the exhaust once through the appliance.  If caught, you will not be insured.  The fire marshal will cut off your gas and so will the gas company.

Yes it does carry an incredible liability and one that I have never had an issue with.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to install a gas water heater!  Yes, I'm sure there are those that might install one from scratch and never even think about the venting that goes along with it but I'm not that person.  I take all necessary precautions and I do what a lot of men don't and that is read the instructions thoroughly.  You know what has always puzzled me though LMAO....is why do you think instructions come with hot water heaters that you purchase from a Home Depot or Lowes or any other home improvement store if they weren't intended for the home owner to install them!!  Yes, there are people out there unlike you and I Max that don't do anything other than change out a lightbulb in the whole time they own their house and those are the people that need to call a licensed professional.  I'm not worried about some Joe blow city official to come cut off my gas because I changed out my own hot water heater!!

8 minutes ago, HarleyFatboy said:

Yes it does carry an incredible liability and one that I have never had an issue with.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to install a gas water heater!  Yes, I'm sure there are those that might install one from scratch and never even think about the venting that goes along with it but I'm not that person.  I take all necessary precautions and I do what a lot of men don't and that is read the instructions thoroughly.  You know what has always puzzled me though LMAO....is why do you think instructions come with hot water heaters that you purchase from a Home Depot or Lowes or any other home improvement store if they weren't intended for the home owner to install them!!  Yes, there are people out there unlike you and I Max that don't do anything other than change out a lightbulb in the whole time they own their house and those are the people that need to call a licensed professional.  I'm not worried about some Joe blow city official to come cut off my gas because I changed out my own hot water heater!!

I guess the culture really is different in the third world of the southern US.  Fuck everybody, fuck the rules that keep everyone safe...everyone who follows the law is just stupid...eh Harley?  Oh and by the way...if you have to read the instructions to install a water heater, then you should NOT be doing it.  Water heaters are made in one state or province and codes exist differently in all of them.  One set of instructions will not do for all of NA.

Edited by maxfactor
context

1 minute ago, maxfactor said:

I guess the culture really is different in the third world of the southern US.  Fuck everybody, fuck the rules that keep everyone safe...everyone who doesn't follow the law is just stupid...eh Harley?  Oh and by the way...if you have to read the instructions to install a water heater, then you should NOT be doing it.

LOL so that is what you got out of all of that!  Sorry Max but I didn't mean to piss you off by stating the obvious......you keep taking up for the RLC A-holes and keep believing it takes days to fix or change out a hot water heater.  By the way, I don't need to read the instructions, I was talking about the people who wouldn't have a clue, and yes if it was my first time to ever install a hot water heater, I would read the instructions!  Have a good day Maxie!