Rankings

timcol

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

absolutely beautifull. I bet you could paint 5 cars with what it must have taken you to do that one. If you want to go open the door for the mrs, you have to pack a lunch. Its a long walk. hope you have a long garage. You have done a wonderful job. you have a masterpiece.

Gee thanks. I'm not used to people saying nice things to me.  ;)

That's the original 54 year old lacquer on it too.

There were other cars just as long or longer.  It's 225". And it fits in the garage with 1/2" to spare between the bumper and the door braces.

Guest NullBurner

I don't like these American 'street ships' but you have did a great job. I'm impressed.

I wonder how many a car lover would pay for it.

Guest NullBurner

There are a lot of these shows here too.

Mostly Benz shows, where all those Benz lovers gets horny like a young boy, when he is touching his first vagina.

It's unbelievable how many money they spend for such cars.

You would be amazed at the prices the Europeans pay for these cars. Lot's to Sweden, Germany, U.K.. Australia and N.Z import them by the container load. Then they spend a fortune for parts.

I see them traded all over the world. Other countries love big American Iron. But mine is no showpiece. That's where the expression, 20 footer came about. At 20 feet she stands proud. Up close you can see what time does.

But I can get in it at any time, turn the key and enjoy it. Most people let them rot in a garage. It's a car damnit, drive it !!!!!

Guest NullBurner

Europeans, especially Germans, are willing to pay more for cars in general.

I've payed EUR 72.790,- for my BMW M3 Coupé, list price was EUR 66.650,- without any specials.

Would you, as an American, pay more than $100.000 for just a car?

I don't know why, because I'm not an economist, but the prices in the United States are lower than in Europe, not even for cars.

From European perspective, the United States looks like the paradise on earth when we talk about prices.

It depends on what you want to drive. Why spend a $100k on a car when you can't drive it here. The Mercs, Bmw's Audis are designed to 200kms/hr all day long. Here you drive 125kms/hr and you get a citation. That also depends on the territory in which you are driving.

Out in the desert you can run like the Autobahn. I paid near $50k for my Ford Platinum 150 p-cup and I love it. The Caddy I got cheap as far as classic prices go. But I've had it 8 years too.