MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND TRIBUTE

ipiratemedia

DE-HFuSUIAAGODl.thumb.jpg.6e0afabf4a3e1c90d699afff1c033d11.jpg

Service members, veterans, and their families know there is a big difference between Memorial Day and Veterans Day. While Veterans Day, Nov. 11, is a day set aside to celebrate all veterans, Memorial Day is a somber holiday dedicated to honoring military fallen, with a particular focus on those killed during military service or through enemy contact. Both holidays often include parades, ceremonies, and celebrations. But although Memorial Day also traditionally marks the beginning of summer with picnics and parties, many in the military community believe that at least a portion of it should be spent to mourn and honor the fallen. To those who served  - Thank you for your service....Joey USMC MOS (1811 - 0212 )

THE Video Is ONLY 21 MINUTES LONG - NOT AN HOUR...I UPLOADED THE WRONG FORMAT.

• Like 4

On 5/25/2019 at 1:45 AM, ipiratemedia said:

DE-HFuSUIAAGODl.thumb.jpg.6e0afabf4a3e1c90d699afff1c033d11.jpg  0

Service members, veterans, and their families know there is a big difference between Memorial Day and Veterans Day. While Veterans Day, Nov. 11, is a day set aside to celebrate all veterans, Memorial Day is a somber holiday dedicated to honoring military fallen, with a particular focus on those killed during military service or through enemy contact. Both holidays often include parades, ceremonies, and celebrations. But although Memorial Day also traditionally marks the beginning of summer with picnics and parties, many in the military community believe that at least a portion of it should be spent to mourn and honor the fallen. To does who served  - Thank you for your service....Joey USMC MOS (1811 - 0212 

Beautiful Joey! It never ceases to amaze me the sacrifice these men and woman make, and their families of course. Another thing that sickens and amazes me is how shitty a lot of them are treated once they've given their service to keep us free. The suicide rate of these heroes in mind numbing. And our Congress should be ashamed of how little those who have not served care. It's disgusting. Thk you so much for your service Joey, you too @mic351, I love you all

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, ashleyxyz said:

Beautiful Joey! It never ceases to amaze me the sacrifice these men and woman make, and their families of course. Another thing that sickens and amazes me is how shitty a lot of them are treated once they've given their service to keep us free. The suicide rate of these heroes in mind numbing. And our Congress should be ashamed of how little those who have not served care. It's disgusting. Thk you so much for your service Joey, you too @mic351, I love you all

tenor.gif.f589839f024b8c58904f56a84def8827.gif

HeHe - In behalf of all veterans, thank you, Ashley. You are so sweet - lovable and enchanting. The brave men and women, who you eloquently spoke of, serve their country, and as a result, consistently live with the war inside them, exist in a world of chaos. But the turmoil they experience isn't who they are; the PTSD invades our minds and bodies. Some things never heal. Sad, it takes a holiday for most to remember the fallen. Enjoy the rest of your day! Joey 💜

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ashleyxyz said:

What she said Joey!!  Thank you all for your service and sacrifice to keep our freedom!  Well said Ashley!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ipiratemedia said:

I understand Harley what Ashley meant. I was talking about most in general. Ashley, like yourself, are truly supporters... Thank You both. 30.gif.c39f0f5fe256ce36eb5fb7d56d681370.gif

I understand my friend!  I have a pounding headache this morning and my thought process is in the gutter.  Please forgive my short post.

• Like 1

Thanks to all of my fallen brothers  and sisters  and thanks to all of my fellow vets.  It is gratifying to see the support from those like Ashley and Harley.  And Joey, you already know how I feel.. Semper Fi!!    Sgt, USMC  1969-1972 (MOS 0311-0365)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HarleyFatboy said:

I understand my friend!  I have a pounding headache this morning and my thought process is in the gutter.  Please forgive my short post.

No need to forgive my rebel friend. We are hated by many. Loved by only a few. I like those odds. 19.gif.81178c7ccd2d2f72ca17a53a79b8dc8a.gif

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, mic351 said:

Thanks to all of my fallen brothers  and sisters  and thanks to all of my fellow vets.  It is gratifying to see the support from those like Ashley and Harley.  And Joey, you already know how I feel.. Semper Fi!!    Sgt, USMC  1969-1972 (MOS 0311-0365)

c972149e39a97820b4821486270d25dd.jpg.6ff455dcb3fee9cc43fb8e4a09f7aa32.jpg

So you are a expert shooter and a leader of men In combat. Responsible for the tactical employment, fire discipline, fire control, sustainment, and maneuver of squad during offensive, defensive, amphibious, and stability operations. A true Devil Dog Mic! Thanks you for bringing back a few of our brother's. The baddest fraternity on the planet! 19.gif.49110fba695d9523247f9695573177a9.gif

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ipiratemedia said:

c972149e39a97820b4821486270d25dd.jpg.6ff455dcb3fee9cc43fb8e4a09f7aa32.jpg  0

So you are a expert shooter and a leader of men In combat. Responsible for the tactical employment, fire discipline, fire control, sustainment, and maneuver of squad during offensive, defensive, amphibious, and stability operations. A true Devil Dog Mic! Thanks you for bringing back a few of our brother's. The baddest fraternity on the planet! 19.gif.49110fba695d9523247f9695573177a9.gif

I never wanted to be 365.  I kinda got it by attrition.  I'd only had my 3rd stripe for 2-months when my Capt. walked by my hooch and hollered out "Munro"  you're the new squad 5 sgt." !  Even though I had training in fire control, maneuvers, and discipline,  I truly had on the job training.  I am proud to say in the 7-months I had my squad we only had 3 injuries and no KIAs.  As you know Joey, the first job of a squad sgt. is to bring his people back alive..  That was along time ago and I'm pretty sure I not that brave, or stupid, anymore.  Not as lean. Not as mean.  But still a marine!!!👌

• Like 3

Amazing how times change---back in the Vietnam era--we were hated by many and did not get the thanks that our brave

men and women today now get. I realize that this Memorial Day is to remember the fallen--who gave up their lives for our freedom,  but

I will remember the day, that finally someone said to me--thanks for your service.

So to all of you who served and to those who lost loved ones 

Thanks for your service and sacrifice. 

• Like 3