Nina & Kira (2019) Part #3a

jouandomy

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Alley barber said:

One of the worst appartments. Yeah, you guys are sad. 
there are so many better ones here. But you all are so fixated on this place. So sad for you 

To each his obsession

• Like 6

11 hours ago, jouandomy said:

this one?

I've done a little research (read: Google).  I didn't get a match on the big blue whale - is it really a whale?  A fish?  A blue blob?  Dunno, still a mystery. 

However, the origami crane is RIPE with explanations.  The Japanese refer to the crane as the “bird of happiness”. The wings of the crane were believed to carry souls up to paradise.  It is a symbol of hope and healing during challenging times.  I can understand this reference to Fawn.  

But Fawn's origami crane is tethered by a string, held by the big blue... whale thingy, as it looks up at it.  This might symbolize Fawn's happiness and hope being reigned in or staunched by someone or something, not allowing her to fly to her full potential.  I can also understand THIS reference to Fawn.  

Whales in tattoo art symbolize "the world, the universe, and everything" since they are the largest creatures on Earth.  

So, deducing all of this, I imagine Fawn had the idea that her happiness, her creativity, her reason for living (the crane) is being tethered (the string) by the oppressive world around her (the whale).  I totally get it.    

Of course, I could be totally wrong on all levels LOL.  However, just want to note, the origami crane featured heavily in the brilliant 1982 movie Blade Runner.  As did the origami unicorn.  Those who know... know.    

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Since I didn't get a match on an image search, I can only assume Fawn came up with the design herself.  Which is totally in line with the artist she is.  

@jouandomy elephants are extremely prevalent tattoos for everyone.  Elephants = prosperity and good luck. In nature, they embody power, strength, dignity and longevity.  

Recall Kira's recent tatt of the Salvador Dali elephant (you saw the picture that inspired her).  Definitely fitting for our Kira.  ♥️

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sturmchaser said:

Depuis que je n'ai pas eu un match sur une recherche d'image, je ne peux que supposer Fawn est venu avec la conception elle-même. Ce qui est tout à fait conforme à l'artiste qu'elle est.  

@jouandomy  éléphants sont des tatouages très répandus pour tout le monde. Elephants = prospérité et bonne chance. Dans la nature, ils incarnent la puissance, la force, la dignité et la longévité.  

Rappel TATT récente de Kira de l'éléphant Salvador Dali (vous avez vu l'image qui lui a inspiré). Montage sans aucun doute pour notre Kira.  ♥ ️

This image also comes from the "Little Prince" of St Exupéry. All our girls love poetry and dream worlds, Dali, St Exupéry. etc ... And "Fawn" is really an artist in many fields.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, jouandomy said:

This image also comes from the "Little Prince" of St Exupéry. All our girls love poetry and dream worlds, Dali, St Exupéry. etc ... And "Fawn" is really an artist in many fields.

Indeed she is, that's why I enjoy whenever she visits N&K.  She really is a cutie, despite her gap teeth, but she is also quite fragile.  I think she really listens to Nina's advice.  

• Like 1

Less than an hour to go before we in the States practice the ridiculous tradition of turning our clocks BACK one hour to what is "REGULAR time" aka EST, after we practiced the ridiculous and completely unneeded tradition of springing our clocks forward to DST 6 months prior.  So when it hits 0200 here in VA, it magically becomes 0100!?!  How is this shit possible and how does it actually make a difference when great states like Arizona and Hawaii do not observe this insane practice? 

Do other countries and cities, like St Petersburg for example (keeping it on topic) have to suffer this insanity?  

My time zone was -4 GMT, now it becomes -5 GMT (which it should always be), and St Petersburg was +3 GMT, sooooo..... that makes St Pete +4 GMT now, unless they also actually observe this time-shifting nonsense, which would push them an hour back to +3 GMT?    🕛 🕐 🕠 🕝 🕓 🕔 🕤 🕥 🕦 🙄 

Here's an idea:  SCREW this spring forward/fall back garbage.  It's useless.  

Besides, Butch and Sundance don't really care if it is 0200 or 1400... anytime is a good time to nap.  💤 💤

sundance.JPG

• Like 4

Sadly, here in the UK we have just left BST (British Summer Time) last weekend, to go back to GMT (Greenwich Mean Time)  Which is effectively Zero Hour. 00:00.  Every other country and the internet (UTC) abides by this time.  It is insanely stupid and stems from olden days when street lights and electricity in the Home where just begining.  It was supposed to make it safer for kids to walk to school...    Nowadays, kids rarely walk anywhere so it's sort of neutralised.

ST Pete and the rest of Russia stay on GMT + 3 all the time.  Much more sensible.  However I Think China only has ONE time zone, yet it spans 5 time zones, Beijing time.  Yet 3000 miles further west it's exactly the sam time.  I mean, how confusing must that be if dawn in Beijing arrives around 06:00  but dawn does not arrive until lunchtime in the west.  So although our time swaps are stupid, it's certainly better than being in China.

• Like 1