Discussion: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) #1

itsme

25 minutes ago, AntEater said:

Do those of you already in quarantine have any suggestions for things to stock up on that haven't otherwise been widely mentioned? Things that were overlooked in the panic?

As the supermarkets stay open there is no need to stock up more than usual for me. I have a 5 minutes walk to supermarket, bakery and butchery. People in my village are not buying more than usual here...

25 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

As the supermarkets stay open there is no need to stock up more than usual for me. I have a 5 minutes walk to supermarket, bakery and butchery. People in my village are not buying more than usual here...

Are you on "lockdown" in Germany?

I went to the stores yesterday and was actually surprised to find the toilet and tissue paper aisle completely cleared out. Made me start to think that I should start hoarding things only because other people are hoarding things which is starting to cause a shortage when it would have otherwise been just fine.

15 minutes ago, AntEater said:

Are you on "lockdown" in Germany?

I went to the stores yesterday and was actually surprised to find the toilet and tissue paper aisle completely cleared out. Made me start to think that I should start hoarding things only because other people are hoarding things which is starting to cause a shortage when it would have otherwise been just fine.

Well usually I have plenty of toilet paper at home. I have no idea what people want to do with so much toilet paper? Corona is not causing diarrhea...

That is quite crazy. I saw people here buying a lot of toilet paper too but for me I won't stock up more than usual. 

When I went shopping saturday in the supermarket there was a strange guy who wanted to bring back two large bags of canned food because he said he doesn't like the taste of it ...😂

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

Well usually I have plenty of toilet paper at home. I have no idea what people want to do with so much toilet paper? Corona is not causing diarrhea...

That is quite crazy. I saw people here buying a lot of toilet paper too but for me I won't stock up more than usual. 

When I went shopping saturday in the supermarket there was a strange guy who wanted to bring back two large bags of canned food because he said he doesn't like the taste of it ...😂

Even without toilet paper there is soap and water. People too scared to wash their ass with soap and water.

I wonder how many returns on canned food there will be in about a months time. This hoarding disaster along with unemployment will be the real effects of corona. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, moos54 said:

Italy and Spain in total containment now, France will surely follow the same path soon

no doubt with that when we see the comportment of some people 😏, it could be for tonight

41 minutes ago, AntEater said:

Even without toilet paper there is soap and water. People too scared to wash their ass with soap and water.

I wonder how many returns on canned food there will be in about a months time. This hoarding disaster along with unemployment will be the real effects of corona. 

personally i made a stock of canned food for maybe 2 months because i want stay at home now i don't want go to the supermarket until the virus continue progress faster like that,

and because i am sick in this moment i want stay at home for 2 weeks by security, i do my own containment

3 minutes ago, firewall said:

personally i made a stock of canned food for maybe 2 months because i want stay at home now i don't want go to the supermarket until the virus continue progress faster like that,

and because i am sick in this moment i want stay at home for 2 weeks by security, i do my own containment

Wow 2 months is a very long time. If you don't mind me asking, are you sick with corona like symptoms? 

11 minutes ago, AntEater said:

Wow 2 months is a very long time. If you don't mind me asking, are you sick with corona like symptoms? 

i don't think it's  that virus but by security i prefer stay isolated for two weeks for protect the family,

i think we have mimimum two months in front of us with this virus

1 minute ago, firewall said:

i don't think it's  that virus but by security i prefer stay isolated for two weeks for protect the family,

Stay safe and healthy my friend 👍

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, firewall said:

Sounds like you've got a good handle on it, hope you make a swift recovery! Two weeks is definitely manageable, two months is a long time in isolation even with the internet. 

5 minutes ago, AntEater said:

Sounds like you've got a good handle on it, hope you make a swift recovery! Two weeks is definitely manageable, two months is a long time in isolation even with the internet. 

only two weeks of isolation on my side, the two months is only for the food 🙂 but i think all the France will join the club of the spain and italy very soon with a total containment of the country

• Like 1