#BLACK_LIVES_MATTER #1

Guest hacıvat

8 hours ago, Alladino said:

The guy was no danger. All they have to do is call for backup and then arrest him as normal. No need to shoot him.Even if he would have managed to escape, which is very unlikely, the whole thing would probably have ended without any problems. They probably could have arrested him at his home the next day. 

Sorry, but this is exactly the kind of violation of human rights that "#BLACK_LIVES_MATTER" is about. The police must be able and willing not to cause harm to harmless people. No matter what skin colour or social status. 

While I agree, I think what you're not taking into account is what could have gone wrong. If the guy had gotten away and become a fugitive (even for just a couple of hours til they got backup and located him) there is no knowing what he might have done to avoid arrest. For all you know he could have guns in his house and gone on the run killing anybody who identified him or got in his way. It is possible and it is something that happens in this country because guns are so prevalent. There's no knowing what that fear of arrest might have escalated into so they can't just let him go without giving chase. They don't know where he might go to hide or what he might do. After all he did try to use their taser on them, what's to say he wouldn't have fired shots at them if he had stolen a gun off them instead? That added with the fact that everything happened so fast they had to make a split second decision not only to protect themselves but other innocents too.

Very naive to assume that he would just be at home the next day chilling as if he hadn't got into a scuffle with the cops and stolen their taser the night before while being arrested for DUI, especially since he was already on probation and this arrest would have led to him going to prison for at least a year. People act crazy and irrational when they're scared.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AntEater said:

While I agree, I think what you're not taking into account is what could have gone wrong. If the guy had gotten away and become a fugitive (even for just a couple of hours til they got backup and located him) there is no knowing what he might have done to avoid arrest. For all you know he could have guns in his house and gone on the run killing anybody who identified him or got in his way. It is possible and it is something that happens in this country because guns are so prevalent. There's no knowing what that fear of arrest might have escalated into so they can't just let him go without giving chase. They don't know where he might go to hide or what he might do. After all he did try to use their taser on them, what's to say he wouldn't have fired shots at them if he had stolen a gun off them instead? That added with the fact that everything happened so fast they had to make a split second decision not only to protect themselves but other innocents too.

Very naive to assume that he would just be at home the next day chilling as if he hadn't got into a scuffle with the cops and stolen their taser the night before while being arrested for DUI, especially since he was already on probation and this arrest would have led to him going to prison for at least a year. People act crazy and irrational when they're scared.

Now let me be clear. Self-defence requires a clear threat to life. All these speculations and possibilities play no role!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alladino said:

Now let me be clear. Self-defence requires a clear threat to life. All these speculations and possibilities play no role!

They do when you're trying to protect a whole community. A fugitive on the run is a clear threat to lives. They have to lock-down neighborhoods or have everybody on alert for that very reason.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AntEater said:

They do when you're trying to protect a whole community. A fugitive on the run is a clear threat to lives. They have to lock-down neighborhoods or have everybody on alert for that very reason.

I am fully convinced that you are wrong, but i have no idea what else to say to you. 

23 minutes ago, Alladino said:

As usual, you are pissing into the wind...the guy got the tazer from the cop...next step and the only recourse is to AVIOD being immobilized by the tazer which, I will say AGAIN...the bad guy now had in his hand.  If he shot said tazer at the cop and brought him down, then the cops gun would have been available for him to finish the job.

You cannot argue against this  in any rational way...so you argue it from an irrational biased, naïve and emotional position.  The only mistake the cop made, was bad timing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Alladino said:

I am fully convinced that you are wrong, but i have no idea what else to say to you. 

Of course because you live in a world where he would have been sat at home like nothing happened. There's a lot of gray area in this case. 

23 minutes ago, maxfactor said:

As usual, you are pissing into the wind...the guy got the tazer from the cop...next step and the only recourse is to AVIOD being immobilized by the tazer which, I will say AGAIN...the bad guy now had in his hand.  If he shot said tazer at the cop and brought him down, then the cops gun would have been available for him to finish the job.

You cannot argue against this  in any rational way...so you argue it from an irrational biased, naïve and emotional position.  The only mistake the cop made, was bad timing.

He had already discharged the taser so he was in effect unarmed.

3 hours ago, Alladino said:

Well then you do not believe or understand the rule of law or the laws of Georgia.  The police did everything within the law, but ended with an unfortunate chain of events that  Raymond started. End of story.

• Like 2

The officer drew his gun 4 - 5 seconds after the taser had been discharged so the officer knew he was in no danger.Maybe he did not want to get into a physical altercation with him but that is still no reason to shoot an unarmed man or maybe a warning shot into the air would have stopped him, we just don't know what was in the officer's mind at the time he fired the fatal shot.

21 minutes ago, happyone said:

Well then you do not believe or understand the rule of law or the laws of Georgia.  The police did everything within the law, but with an unfortunate chain of events that  Raymond started. End of story.