#BLACK_LIVES_MATTER #1

Guest hacıvat

15 minutes ago, jjkopite said:

The officer drew his gun 4 - 5 seconds after the taser had been discharged so the officer knew he was in no danger.Maybe he did not want to get into a physical altercation with him but that is still no reason to shoot an unarmed man or maybe a warning shot into the air would have stopped him, we just don't know what was in the officer's mind at the time he fired the fatal shot.

Police are trained NOT to fire warning shots.  They are also not trained to wound.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Alladino said:

I am not even going to bother to open this up--but if this is where you get your information, it is no wonder you cannot think for yourself, fairly or logically. :dodgy:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jjkopite said:

The officer drew his gun 4 - 5 seconds after the taser had been discharged so the officer knew he was in no danger.Maybe he did not want to get into a physical altercation with him but that is still no reason to shoot an unarmed man or maybe a warning shot into the air would have stopped him, we just don't know what was in the officer's mind at the time he fired the fatal shot.

Do you realize how absurd that is in real time events,--4-5 seconds does not give anyone enough time to clearly figure out or react differently if they are in danger or not especially when you are already in a confrontation.  In any event, it does not matter, Georgia law allows use of force when you are threatened with a deadly weapon--which the DA already stated that it was in a previous case. 

13 minutes ago, Alladino said:

9 minutes ago, maxfactor said:

I guess football is over so you have nothing to focus your "Monday morning quarterback" skills on

I think this answers your question!

2 minutes ago, happyone said:

Do you realize how absurd that is in real time events,--4-5 seconds does not give anyone enough time to clearly figure out or react differently if they are in danger or not especially when you are already in a confrontation.  In any event, it does not matter, Georgia law allows use of force when you are threatened with a deadly weapon--which the DA already stated that it was in a previous case. 

If the officer did everything "by the book" why is he being charged on numerous counts?

Murder is murder wherever it is committed, not just in the US. I worked on a project with Detroit PD for 6 months so I did witness some frontline policing and I saw good officers reacting very quickly to changing situations but I also saw some officers actually make situations worse with their attitudes and behaviors. Unfortunately you will always have good and bad in any organisation!  

14 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

The District Attorney who charged Officer Rolfe with murder may have undermined his case with his own words. Two weeks ago in another case this same DA stated that a taser is a deadly weapon. :huh::confused:

Hi Ridge, I guess when he said it was a deadly weapon, he meant an Officer using on a civilian. Now that its used on a cop its now they to make it sounds like its a toy and should be totally dismissed as a reason to shoot someone. 

8 minutes ago, jjkopite said:

If the officer did everything "by the book" why is he being charged on numerous counts?

Because of a DA who is up for re-election and is trying to use this to his political advantage. And now his total incompetence is out in the open. He is also under investigation for several things  

WWW.AJC.COM

The GBI has opened an investigation of Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard and his use of a