What do you think about the new CC rules from 1 September?

Noldus

I get the feeling that the new rules may be partly inspired by the need to avoid critical discussion that result in the tenants get their feelings hurt. The new rules, perhaps, would not have occurred if everyone joined the "fan club' and subscribed to the dictates of the three or so forum members how have tried to control the content and expressions of others in the forum for so long now. A simpler solution may have been for the tenants to just stop reading the forum! But they cannot do that can they? The newly found acclaim of some tenants, resulting from the demise of the Russian apartments, may have given them enough market share so as to demand that someone put an end to critical comment, (or at least to compartmentalize it so as to reduce the opportunity for a person who feels one way to be influenced by a person who feels differently). I think another reason for the change is that the diversity of the forum (which is a good thing) is not appreciated by many who lack the intellectual capacity to differentiate between a forum and a chat room. 

1 hour ago, philo said:

I get the feeling that the new rules may be partly inspired by the need to avoid critical discussion that result in the tenants get their feelings hurt. The new rules, perhaps, would not have occurred if everyone joined the "fan club' and subscribed to the dictates of the three or so forum members how have tried to control the content and expressions of others in the forum for so long now. A simpler solution may have been for the tenants to just stop reading the forum! But they cannot do that can they? The newly found acclaim of some tenants, resulting from the demise of the Russian apartments, may have given them enough market share so as to demand that someone put an end to critical comment, (or at least to compartmentalize it so as to reduce the opportunity for a person who feels one way to be influenced by a person who feels differently). I think another reason for the change is that the diversity of the forum (which is a good thing) is not appreciated by many who lack the intellectual capacity to differentiate between a forum and a chat room. 

The rules have not changed. StnCld316 even told everyone what the changes are in a sticky on the main page of every Apartment. It has absolutely nothing to do with the tennants or the members of the forum. I suggest for yourself to go read what StnCld316 wrote.

https://camcaps.net/forums/topic/17217-attention-to-all-members/

Just now, Ean25 said:

The rules have not changed. StnCld316 even told everyone what the changes are in a sticky on the main page of every Apartment. It has absolutely nothing to do with the tennants or the members of the forum. I suggest for yourself to go read what StnCld316 wrote.

Thank you for your suggestion. It's good to know that someone knows "absolutely" the causation of everything here. Some people reserve the right to make their own assessments of what they see and hear while others believe only what they are told. I have respect for both. Thank you for taking an interest in my opinion.