US General Domestic Politics #6 Begins 02/23/21.

11 minutes ago, O_U812 said:

Tough shit GQP.

WWW.RAWSTORY.COM

Republican senators on Saturday voiced their dismay that Democrats passed coronavirus relief without letting the GOP water it down to make Joe Biden's re-election less...

9% Covid relief and 91% Democrat PORK, if it smells like pig shit, then it must be PIG SHIT

WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A DEMOCRAT

All Americans believe in the power of the individual to shape his personal destiny through hard work. But unlike Republicans, we Democrats do not believe in blinding ourselves to the challenges that our fellow citizens my be facing in life, sometimes through no fault of their own.

We Democrats believe people should be allowed to enjoy the fruits of their hard labor, but we know that a two-tiered economy, where CEOs rake in billions for laying off their fellow citizens, is neither fair nor sustainable. A society built on economic injustice cannot grow. Underlying the Republican agenda is a desire to turn back the clock to the world before the New Deal, returning us to what FDR so eloquently described as the two Americas.

I will address how we can solve issues like joblessness, the war in Afghanistan; the unbridled greed on Wall Street; our failure to educate the young; the staggering fact that nearly 17 million American children go to bed hungry; our national crisis of self-confidence triggered by 9/11; the toll the terrible addictions to alcohol and drugs take on our families, our economy and our nation; the loss of civility in politics and elsewhere; the deliberate mistruths about taxes and President Obama; and the growing-uglier-by-the-minute media environment.

I offer my thoughts with the understanding that no one will agree with everything I say. That is okay. Democrats represent a party of ideas, with the common goal of harnessing federal power to serve the public interest. What unites is our desire to propel our great country onward by meeting the needs of the many, in addition to the few who have it made. A guiding belief for Democrats is that we bring everyone along in a growing economy and an improving society.

I want to hark back to the words that mean the most to me as an American: Abraham Lincoln’s appeal in his first inaugural address to ‘the better angels of our nature.'

I am optimistic. It’s a habit of mine to not get down on the things I care passionately about: our country, world peace and politics. One always has to believe that things will get better. We have faced worse challenges - the Civil War, the Great Depression, World War II, the Cold War with the Soviet Union - yet somehow this great nation always seems to stumble forward.

• Like 1

Just now, O_U812 said:

Don't cry too hard troll.  It's a bad look.

I am not crying my grandchildren are !!! Facts are facts 91% of unneeded spending when there is still is over a trillion dollars left to be spent from previous bills that were passed by both parties working together. Now we have a party line PORK bill that passes under budget reconciliation that has spending that doesn't come into affect until 2022 and 2024, long after the Covid pandemic is going to be over. How is that Covid relief ? Enjoy it for the next couple of years because the red wave is coming and coming fast.

• StnCld316 locked and unpinned this topic