New York, New York - so good they named it twice!!

van the man

Well I have only one more day to wait before I begin my vacation to New York. I have only ever been to the States once before so am looking forward to visiting Obamaland!!

I have loads of dollars in my pocket thanks to Mr Obama constantly undermining the worlds former economic power house. I got loads of dollars for my few pounds!!!

Any suggestions for where I should visit in New York would be welcomed. I know the obvious but any hidden gems would be interesting.

How will I survive without RLC or CamCaps for a week!!!!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ww_watcher

Personally I would head west out of the "Big Apple" into the countryside of NY. It is prettier and friendlier...unless you like the lights and smells and crowds of people who don't even notice you.

Sorry, having grown up on a ranch in Texas I have grown jaded.

Guest Squirrel

A ride to Staten Island on the ferry and back is not too bad, and it goes past the Statue of Liberty. There are some pretty neat cheap tours; but the problem is that there is way too much to see in that place. It's as bad as London. There won't be enough time. Hook on to a local and get their opinions. New Yorkers love to show off their town, anyway. They do have some decent craft brews there, and you might even be able to procure a decent cup of tea if you're lucky.

Good Luck van the man.  I live in eastern PA and we are due to get 5" - 8" of snow Sunday night through Monday evening.  My Last visit to NYC I enjoyed the twin towers, but they are gone.  Freedom Towers are well on their way!  Hope you have an enjoyable trip.  Enjoy NYC!

Guest ww_watcher

Another thing you might try is to find the highest publicly accessible spot near you and look out at the skyline.

Of course New Yorkers are proud of their pizza by-the-slice and although you probably have kosher delis in the UK (that is where you're from - right?) none of them have that New York Jewish accent.

As the others have said have fun, but keep your wallet in your front pocket.

Get on the 'Net and hunt for cheap tours. Personally, I'd hit the museums and a lot of the 'culture' stuff.

But damn, couldn't you pick a nicer time of year. Shit, come to Florida. It's a nice 27C out today. The Stella is cold, the girls are hot and there are shitloads of things to do.

Uh-oh. Dinner is served. Be back later. Food first.

It was a Christmas present so when I booked it the forecast for March was 10C instead it is almost minus 10C!!!

Even the American weather is no longer reliable!!!

I am just hoping war is not declared with Russia over the Ukraine!!! One Crimea war is enough!!!

Guest Squirrel

It was a Christmas present so when I booked it the forecast for March was 10C instead it is almost minus 10C!!!

Even the American weather is no longer reliable!!!

I am just hoping war is not declared with Russia over the Ukraine!!! One Crimea war is enough!!!

Hey, I know about the concept of "dependable weather."

I think it's time for all of us to move to Barcelona. ...

I also understand history. Crimea is pretty much Afghanistan. Useless. The base can be precisely targeted; but, hey, Obama's red-line is useless. Good luck Euro's!

I'll expect that from now on, the US is also useless, and that my European friends had better be well armed. Other than that, I just hope N&K and their friends and family are safe, happy, and have the liberty necessary to fulfill their life's ambitions.

Squirrel is a warm, fuzzy, lovable creature. But he too, is getting really pissed off at just about every government in power.

I'm wondering about the irony of Obama telling Putin he's broken international law, is it a case of don't do what we do, but do as we say?

Personally I'm over America playing world police.

Team America go home.

I'm wondering about the irony of Obama telling Putin he's broken international law, is it a case of don't do what we do, but do as we say?

Personally I'm over America playing world police.

Team America go home.

The American Government says you can't have Dictators running the World. The only ones doing the dictating is the American Government on what you can or cannot do.