US General Domestic Politics #18 Begins 05/29/21.

8 minutes ago, O_U812 said:

Waiting for the proof from you that will never arrive.

You are the one who has supplied no proof of voter suppression in the new state laws. All you've provided are unfounded accusations and Democrat talking points. Show me the actual law that suppresses voters' rights. 

7 minutes ago, O_U812 said:

My father is, unfortunately, a MAGAt who can't walk.  I guess we'll just toss his GQP vote in the toilet, since he can't get there.  Moron.

Doesn't the Democrat run state of Michigan allow absentee voting for disabled people? Texas, Florida, Alabama and Georgia do.:huh:

This being Memorial Day, I pause to share an article written by Brad Thomas of Seeking Alpha

Quote of the Day:

“A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.” – Joseph Campbell

Background pattern Description automatically generated

(Source: Storyblocks)

Today is Memorial Day, so we'll pause our REIT news for the U.S. holiday.  

There are many historically accurate, intellectually insightful, and truly heartfelt tributes to our fallen heroes published for Memorial Day. But the one that most caught my attention was from Townhall.

Hopefully you can see why as you read these quoted paragraphs:

“Since 1776, more than 1.5 million Americans in uniform have given their lives for the cause of freedom… To selflessly serve a higher cause, they gave up the comforts of home and the warmth and affection of loved ones.

“In his inaugural address on Jan. 20, 1961, President John F. Kennedy said: ‘We shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival… of liberty.’ On this Memorial Day, we remember and honor the American patriots who [did just that]…

“There are few things more selfless or noble than sacrificing one’s life for a higher cause, particularly when that cause is the freedom and security of our fellow Americans. This is the reason the day is set aside to honor our military heroes who gave what Abraham Lincoln called their ‘last full measure of devotion’ in defense of freedom.

“Although Memorial Day is a day of remembrance, it is not an occasion for grief or mourning. Rather, it is a day of remembering and giving thanks. General George S. Patton said it best: ‘It is wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God such men lived.

So let’s do precisely that today.

Let’s enjoy time spent with friends and family. Let’s eat a burger (or two) in good company or just relax with a good book. Let’s breathe in deeply, recognizing both our rights privileges.

In short, let’s live and appreciate that living. Because that is the greatest tribute we can give to those who have served, suffered, and died for freedom.

5 minutes ago, blue is the colour said:

So only Republicans can vote in the next election... a very democratic view from the new Nazi party.

You are a fucking idiot. Thanks for displaying your stupidity for everyone to see. I guess that's an example of how ignorant one becomes when they rely upon the BBC for news.

33 minutes ago, O_U812 said:

OK asshole.  You post what the laws are, and I want sections & numbers cited.  You won't.

I have a better idea. You are the one who is saying the laws suppress voting, so why don't you post the sections of the laws that suppress voting by legal voters?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

I have a better idea. You are the one who is saying the laws suppress voting, so why don't you post the sections of the laws that suppress voting by legal voters?

I posted everything if you'd fucking read once in a while.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, O_U812 said:

She should not have been there.

WWW.YAHOO.COM

For months, Rosanne Boyland had been worrying her family with bizarre notions she had picked up on the internet: Actor Tom Hanks might be dead, she said. A national furniture chain was...

The problems that led to her death predate QAnon and the Capitol riot by many, many years.