US General Domestic Politics #28 Begins 08/04/21.

6 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

Doesn't bother me at all.  I get subsidized with credits to offset any increase caused from inflation.  

And if inflation becomes extreme that policy will eventually cause Canadian currency to become worthless pieces of paper. 

Just now, Ridgerunner said:

And if inflation becomes extreme that policy will eventually cause Canadian currency to become worthless pieces of paper. 

I have been in Canada for 62 years and has never gotten too extreme yet.   We're having an election soon so we can oust Trudeau and send him back to Quebec to live on his lily pad like a good little frog.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, squish said:

UK tried to form an alliance but European allies demurred. I think the reality is that no country or alliance can match or even attempt to replicate the extent of US logistic infrastructure or resources. To that extent I am disappointed in NATO.

There was an old joke. Alliance soldiers carry watches but the Taliban has the time.

The Afghan government has almost a 300,000 man military with the latest military equipment supplied by the U.S. The Taliban has around 75,000 fighters. The U.S. has been there 20 years. If the Afghan government can't defeat the Taliban at this point they never will be able to.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

The Afghan government has almost a 300,00 man military with the latest military equipment supplied by the U.S. The Taliban has around 75,000 fighters. The U.S. has been there 20 years. If the Afghan government can't defeat the Taliban at this point they never will be able to.  

For once I agree with you.  I almost fainted.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Oops, Hunter Biden says he lost another laptop. This time it appears it was stolen by a Russian drug dealer.  No chance of the Russian government using info from the computer to blackmail Hunter's daddy "Sleepy Joe", right?:dodgy:

Where did you find this nugget of probable bullshit?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ridgerunner said:

And as a result you will be paying more for almost everything you buy. Hope you enjoy the trade off.

Temporarily, yes.  It's a cheap price to pay for getting rid of the imposter Trump.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

Doesn't bother me at all.  I get subsidized with credits to offset any increase caused from inflation.  

It will settle down anyway.  Fixing Trump's fuck ups is not easy, or cheap.

• Like 1

What is this bullshit about al-Queda attacking the U.S. on 9/11/2001 from Afghanistan. Of the nineteen 9/11 attackers 15 were from Saudi Arabia, two were from the United Arab Emirates, one was from Egypt, and one was from Lebanon. They came into the U.S. legally through our fucked up immigration system, and learned how to fly the planes they used in the 9/11 attacks  in U.S. flight schools.